Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need a prayer let me know

Hi everyone,

I have been a Christian for many years. I read and study God's word and try my best to apply it to my life. The more I read the more I see the truth of God's word and I know he has our best interest at heart.

If you would like for me to pray for you or someone you love please let me know in this thread or send me a private message. I pray almost daily for all of us here on the IC network and another forum called Spine Health. I have chronic pain from multiple spine issues and surgery I have had in the past.

Just give me as little or as much info on what is wrong and I would be happy to ask God to help. It would be my pleasure.

dmo

Re: If you need a prayer let me know

Originally posted by painisreal View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been a Christian for many years. I read and study God's word and try my best to apply it to my life. The more I read the more I see the truth of God's word and I know he has our best interest at heart.

If you would like for me to pray for you or someone you love please let me know in this thread or send me a private message. I pray almost daily for all of us here on the IC network and another forum called Spine Health. I have chronic pain from multiple spine issues and surgery I have had in the past.

Just give me as little or as much info on what is wrong and I would be happy to ask God to help. It would be my pleasure.

dmo
    I am a christian and I am having a big flare up (day 3). I am in so much pain I been taking paracetamol and Ibuprofen to get rid of the pain. I haven't had a flare up like this for ages. I not able to go to church this morning but will be texting my church friends for pray. I going to the doctors tomorrow (England nhs) and getting an appointment by going around there at 8 am. This means I will get an appointment at the walk in surgery at 11 am. I going to ask the doctor to dip test a urine sample. If I having a flare up then it will show white blood cell and possible blood in urine. If my urine sample is sent a way it will take three days to come back. I am suppose to be going to my in laws tomorrow by 4 hour journey so that my girls can see their grandparents. I really want to go but at the moment the though of going and sitting driving for that long seems
    impossible. Please pray that my flare up is healed. I ask this in the name of Jesus Amen

Comment

Not prayer related,but did you know that ibuprofen is usually a medication that worsens IC?

Comment

Dear IC shorty,
        I don't know that. However the combination of paracetamol and Ibuprofen has dulled the pain of my flare up for me today. So I am grateful to have only a dull ache now and not the excruciating pain I had this morning. So in my case it doesn't seem to be true.
        I cant take Co-codamol once prescipted by my GP for my IC as it makes me sick sick sick. I take melfamnic acid for my painful periods and this has really kills the pain. I had painful periods since I started at 13 years old. I also have asthma and ibuprofen can make it worse but not for me.
        So please pray for my flare up to be healed. In the name of Jesus Amen
        Last edited by elanoali; 10-22-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I can get away with one or two doses of ibuprofen, but then it seems to build up and increases the pain.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi Donna I sorry that Ibuprofen causes you pain. Its 8 pm in England here and my pain is dull and achy. I taking one more dose of ibuprofen before I go to bed tonight. I will not be able to access the forum after tomorrow 11 am GMT as I away for a few days til Thursday am I am visiting my in laws. Internet signal there is very poor where they live and I will only have my mobile phone. Thank you for all your advice and help.

Comment

I love this thread...and anyone who wants to can pray for my ankle. I am doing my best to avoid surgery.....I will follow this as well! <3
              Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
              IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
              IC Diet Website
              For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
              Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
              Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
              IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Dear Julie
                Of course I will pray for your ankle.
                Dear God Please heal Julie's ankle in the name of Jesus.

Amen

Comment

Update my flare up seems to be calming down now. I have a sore stomach this morning. The soreness is much more manageable than the pain I was in yesterday. I take this as a good sign. I going to dose myself up on paracetamol and ibuprofen today. I slept really well last night. I hope and pray the soreness won't last much longer. God bless

Comment

Please pray for me as I had to give up on taking Elmiron as it hasn't worked as well as I had hoped. Six months down the line I still getting stinging and pain after urinating. I been to the doctors who are going to write to my urolgyist.

I haven't got two brain cell to rub together as I on prednisolone high dose of steriods this week to came my asthma flare up. Side effects are insomnia , sweats, hyper and high blood sugar.
                    The wait for going back to instillation could be two months because of high demand in clinics with people with bladder cancer. I will have to do the bladder instillation myself after 6 months due to the above reason. That I won't mind.
                    Please pray that I get an appointment fast and I can get there. My hospital is 10 mins drive away and 10 min to find street parking and walking into the hospital.
                    I going to use my ovestin cream regularly (I had stop taking it) to help with the dryness and no soap cream to deal with the soreness down there.

Comment

Originally posted by elanoali View Post
                      Please pray for me as I had to give up on taking Elmiron as it hasn't worked as well as I had hoped. Six months down the line I still getting stinging and pain after urinating. I been to the doctors who are going to write to my urolgyist.

I haven't got two brain cell to rub together as I on prednisolone high dose of steriods this week to came my asthma flare up. Side effects are insomnia , sweats, hyper and high blood sugar.
                      The wait for going back to instillation could be two months because of high demand in clinics with people with bladder cancer. I will have to do the bladder instillation myself after 6 months due to the above reason. That I won't mind.
                      Please pray that I get an appointment fast and I can get there. My hospital is 10 mins drive away and 10 min to find street parking and walking into the hospital.
                      I going to use my ovestin cream regularly (I had stop taking it) to help with the dryness and no soap cream to deal with the soreness down there.
                      If you've seen any improvement with Elmiron, you might want to consider staying on it. Elmiron can take six months or longer to become effective --- if you're seeing some improvement at six months, it could be that you will see more improvement.

Donna
                      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I started this thread. For the longest time no responded. I pray for us all here on IC network along with others on my spine health site. I just wish I had more takers. God loves us all. We need to love each other. Anyone with specific prayer requests please let me know.

dmo

Comment

In the spirit of prayer, I have often wondered why we must suffer at times. I have read the bible enough to learn that really all pain and suffering is a result of sin in the world. I fall from a perfect world we lived in to what we now live with can be to much to stand at times. I am so thankful God has mercy for us and a way home if we just would take it. I pray you are all feeling well this week. Let us love one another as He has loved us and gave his Son for us.

dmo

Comment

Dear Painisreal

I just received your post and would love you to pray for me. I have had IC for about 4/5 years and have tried various treatments. The last thing I have tried was Elmiron for 8 months. Before that I had 18 months of Bladder instillation (cysistat) at my local hospital under an urology consultant. ( I live in the UK and being treated by the NHS)
                            The Elmiron didn't work and I so wanted it too. That I keep on for 8 months and then ask my doctor (they are the ones who can refer us back for treatment) ask to go back to having bladder instillation as this worked really well for me. I was not in any pain and if I had a flare up it was short lived.
                            I follow the IC diet to the letter and if I don't I get a flare up and in pain.
                            I been to see my consultant this week who has agreed for me to go back to bladder instillation which I will be doing myself after the first 6 weekly treatment at the hospital.
                            I have been prayed for and anointed with oil by my pastor for complete healing of my asthma last December. I am believe that God can and has healed me. I am waiting to this to happen. So far it hasn't and I know its in God's timing.
                            I have to confess for not asking God to heal me of IC. I will ask him now everyday for my healing. I am sorry for not asking God to heal me as I know he wants to heal me. So can you please pray with me.

Comment

Pray for me and I will pray for you. I pray daily since this all started. I pray to be healed and I pray for the others who are dealing with this terrible disease.

Comment

Working...
                              X