Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? I am giving a sermon in October and don't know what to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? I am giving a sermon in October and don't know what to say?

I am giving a sermon for United Methodist Women Sunday at my Church. For those of you that do not know UMW is a group that believes in Mission, spiritual growth, helping women and children, helping throughout the world. I have given sermons for this Sunday so many times I am running out of new material. I don't know if anyone here can help me but I figure it can't hurt to try and ask.

Thanks a bunch even if you just read my question
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Just a suggestion, but how about something about how easy it is to have faith when everything is going well, but it's more difficult when adversity hits --- such as illness.

It might not be the best idea, but you certainly are an expert in the area.

Good luck!
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Donna's post got me to thinking...We can all serve God depsite our illnesses/limtations. Something ICers are also familiar with.

A related story that comes to mind is a special place, called Grandma's house/porch (I can't remember which), which hubby was recently telling me about. It is an assisted living home that also cares for children that are bed ridden due to disease or a debilitating accident. The elderly residents volunteer to hold babies or keep older patients company during the day. The elderly residents gain a feeling of purpose while the pediatric patients gain some desperately needed TLC.

I pray that God will inspire you to find the words for your message.

Amaris

Comment

I only have a minute to type because my daughter needs to get online, but I saw your post as I was getting ready to post something in spirituality. I am very sick today, in pain, and my strong faith is out of sorts. I spent some time this afternoon rereading from "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I mentioned this book to you awhile back. I like Donna's point and somewhere in there it talks about that. There is also a chapter on 'God's Power in your weakness'.

The Bible says, "God purposely chose....what the world considers weak in order to shame the powerful." The book states "Your weaknesses are not an accident. God deliberately allowed them in your life for the purpose of demonstrating his power through you. If God only used perfect people, nothing would ever get done. Your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts." You might look up 2 Corinthians 13-4.

I highly recommend this book.I also belong to the UMC and work in the church office. Good luck with your sermon.

Comment

How about the importance of abiding in Christ? Abiding is a great Bible word that is often passed over, but it is so important!!

Lots of love,

Cari
          2 Corinthians 12:9 God's grace is sufficient for me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for good and not calamity to give you a future and a HOPE.

Comment

What about the power of positive thoughts...the stregth from a kind word or even the simple warm fuzzy feeling that you get seeing one of those bouncing smiley faces. Even with all you have been through there a so many ICN members that take the time to post a word of encouragement or even a group hug. For some people it may be the only kind act they see for days. Sometimes having a strange give you encouragement can britten your day more then when it is a family member. It seems to have more weight because you figure hey they are just trying to be nice because.... It doesn't have to be specific a smile even works. Whenever I see a well behaved child in the hospital or even at the grocery store I always make sure to tell them how good they are as well as tell their parents how impressed I am. It can wipe away a stressed look form a mom who is trying to tend with the other child. Kudos should be shared (my kids word for good deed or behaviour to be proud of). You post them every day Katrina as well as just about everyone I have seen post on forum. It rubs off...(see I even changed my signature to be more positive). Be proud!!! It is a small way to speard faith and joy no matter what religion you are.
            TTFN Kimbamor

In our lives, we only meet a few people who will ever really touch us. To let even one get away is a waste you'll regret forever (Alicia Scott).

Comment

Thank you all very much. I am truly blessed to have you all helping me whenever I need it! I have a lot of ideas now!
              Faith, Hope, and Love,
              Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
              Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

I hope this helps but I feel like I have become much closer to the Lord through this experience having ic that is. I think that you learn to pray for people with more compassion than if you could not relate. There is something about understanding God is in control. I had such a blessed day today. I just learned I had this ic last week but today I just feel great. I feel like God just gave me such a day of mercy and grace that I needed so much. Nothing spectacular happened I just felt like I am going to make it! I feel so much support from the people online and maybe you can speak about that unity helping others in the midst of your own pain. Anyways stay positive that is what I am going to try to do.

Comment

Working...
                X