Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you want to meet from the Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you want to meet from the Bible?

If you could meet anyone from the Bible who would it be and why?

I would want to meet Rahab the prostitute because she put her life at risk to hide the christian soldiers and they in turn guaranteed her family a safe passage out of danger. Rahab was also in the direct blood line of Christ, she was the mother of Boaz, Grandmother to Obed, Great-Grandmother to Jesse, and Great-Great Grandmother to King David.

I think that is so awesome for Rahab to go from a prostitutue to a savior of the spies she was hiding. She put her life and the lives of her family at stake but she trusted the people of God to honor their word to keep her family safe. Rahab found true redemption and had the honor to be in the direct bloodline of Christ......can't get much more awesome than that

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who had beed disobedient.

James 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and set them out in a different direction?

Just wonder if I would have strong enough faith if met with the same situation

Can't wait to hear everyone else's answers
    Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Of course, the 1st name that comes to mind is Jesus. That's an obvious answer. After Him, I would want to meet Stephen. I get chills when I read his story in Acts.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

What an interesting question. First, of course, Jesus. But then I would love to meet Job. He still believed and had faith in God, no matter what difficulties and pain he was given. That's the kind of faith I am striving for with this horrible disease!

Comment

We were asked this question at Bible study but they asked us who we wanted to meet other than Jesus, Mary, or Joseph.

It would be amazing to have the faith of the people in the Bible. I would love to meet so many of them and ask so many questions. What great examples they are

Thanks for your answers.....I love reading them
        Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Sharon,
          I am going to have to read about Stephen. I don't think I have ever read his story. Is he the one that was stoned to death?

Marymove,
          I agree with you about Job......he praised God no matter how many afflictions he had to deal with.

Have a great weekend
          Miss Bessie

Comment

Yes...Stephen was stoned to death. You can read about him beginning in Acts 6 through Acts 8:2. One amazing thing about Stephen's story is that Saul (later renamed Paul) is said to have agreed with putting Stephen to death and that the witnesses laid aside their robes at his feet. If he was there, he must have heard Stephen's words.
            Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Of course I would love to meet with Jesus..

But I have always been fascinated by the story of
              Noahs Ark and the great flood every since I was a kid..So I would love to meet Noah, he was very loyal to God and believed in him, He even built the Ark, even though people in his town laughed and made fun of him, but it didnt stopped Noah, because his faith in God was so strong...
              Hugs
              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:

Diet Reference Sheet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
              Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
              Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Mary Magdelene. I am inspired by her love.

Blessings,
                Lori

Comment

Like Ronda, also very fascinated with Noah and the animals!

But I guess I would like to meet the Good Samaritan, that story has always been relevant to me, especially considering the world we live in today.

Comment

Dinah from the old testment- A great book is The Red Tent by anita Diamant. Give it a whirl!
                    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                    Birth Control

Comment

I'm with ICLori, I want to meet Mary Magdelene, she's fascinating to me and what all she could have(and did) represented for women!
                      Hugs,
                      Tracey
                      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                      IC dx'd Nov 2004
                      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                      Possible IBS
                      Current IC Meds
                      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                      Previous IC Meds taken:
                      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                      Others:
                      Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                      Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                      Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                      Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

God--I want to know what on earth he was thinking when he created all of this and why he lets all the misery happen.

Comment

I'm eager to meet God, too - actually to go home to be in the presence of God's love. But I won't be asking the same questions Waterflow will, because of some beliefs I have.

I believe God created us, and created this world, for us to live in harmony with His will. There was no death when he created us, nor pain, nor sadness, nor separation from His love. But he did give us free will, because he created us in His image. He gave us free will so we could freely choose to love Him.

Because of free will, we chose to sin. Because God is a just God as well as a loving God, the consequences of sin can not be taken from the world here on earth. But because God so loved the world, He sent His only begotten son to pay the price for this sin, so that we might spend eternity in joy and peace and love with Him, even though we sinners are completely unworthy of such a gift.

Anyway, that's what I believe. We are here in the world suffering, because the suffering was brought about by our own sinful natures.

Blessings,
                          Lori

Comment

John!

Comment

god. i want to talk to him ask him how was he created. i have always wonderd where did he come from.
                              Angela aka sleepyangel30

Comment

Working...
                              X