No announcement yet.

Any Unitarians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trishann -- I think it's great that you want to know more about Unitarianism, or other religions in general. The more we understand each other, the better we can support each other, I think. Ask all the questions you want!

I think this website is the best I've ever seen for explaining Unitarianism to others. We have a covenant based on seven principles; this site not only lays out the seven principles but explains what they mean and how they can be applied by individuals and congregations. I highly recommend it,

http://www.howtodothings.com/religio...versalism.html
    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Carolyn, that's a great link!

Comment

Originally posted by mom_in_ma
        I don't formally belong to any religion, however, if I were to chose the best one for me it would be Unitarian. I really like their values and beliefs.
        Ditto. I've gone to a few Unitarian services and really liked them. DH was not ready to make any committment to a church, though, so we didn't join, but I think their life philosophy is very close to mine.

Comment

Gingerlily - It sure is nice to have a place to bring your kids, if and when you have any. You can always attend services any time you want; you don't have to become an official member until and unless you feel ready.

Right now, since I have been really unwell for a few months, members of the "Visitation Ministry" (who visit the sick, etc.) have been driving my daughter to swim team practice whenever DH can't do it.

Wow, I sound like I'm proselytising! We don't do that.
          Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerlily1
            Ditto. I've gone to a few Unitarian services and really liked them. DH was not ready to make any committment to a church, though, so we didn't join, but I think their life philosophy is very close to mine.
            Gingerlily, Just saw that you are new to the ICN and want to wish you a warm welcome! If there is anything I can help you with at all, please let me know. The ICN has been a huge source of support and information for me. I hope that you will have the same experiance. Again, Hugs, Amy

Comment

N'Importe Qui--I don't have kids but I agree that the Unitarian Church would be a great place to bring children. The church I went to was very new and small (they did not have their own building, were borrowing meeting places) but DH just wouldn't have anything to do with it. He's really shy and I can't get him to do any "group" kind of things. Really did not want to go alone but would love to have a spiritual home. I've lived in my town over 30 years and don't feel like I have much "community" if you know what I mean--DH and I know lots of people but I am feeling like we are not really a part of anything. It's hard to explain.

ihurttoo, thanks for the welcome! I've had IC for about 13 years but was diagnosed only a few years ago, probably because my problems are related to bacterial infections and so I don't meet *offical criteria.* Of course, from what I am reading, the official criteria is not very official and there are plenty of IC sufferers without Hummers ulcers etc.

Comment

Gingerlily -- No, I understand what you mean about community vs. just knowing people. It's not the same at all. Maybe there's another Unitarian group you could go to? You wouldn't be alone once you got there! Or maybe you could join a women's group, or a book club, something? Having IC is bad enough; feeling isolated is hard on the spirit. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Peace, Carolyn

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Carolyn, for some reason I has not able to get on the website you gave on your post. I wanted to read it before I responsed back to you. Well I got on it today, thank you for sharing it with me.

I grew up in a Baptist Church, which taught me the word of God. Then as a teenager I went to a Pentecost church. I never dream that God could ever be so much more. To be honest with you, I needed it because I don't think I could handle the things that I have been through. Maybe it is that I am just weak but I know I can find comfort and help that I need when I can't find it in myself.

That is when I learned that their is different religion. I believe everyone have to find that place for themselves.

I don't completely understand your beliefs but I am glad you find comfort there.
                  Sound like a place where people care for one another.

Hope you have a great day and feeling well.
                  Trishann

Comment

Thanks, Trishann.

Peace, Carolyn

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Carolyn, you are very welcome. You are a very kind person.

Trishann

Comment

Working...
                      X