Welcome All Faiths!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome All Faiths!!

A few days ago, I was honored to accept the position of Moderator for the Spirituality board as well as the "Let's Get Motivated" board. I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I am so thrilled to be allowed to do this and will do my very best. Thank you Jill and Donna for trusting me with this job. The ICN has given me so much, and I am so happy to have the opportunity to give back.

Since I am brand new to this, I wanted to make sure that everyone feels welcome posting here, and to encourage those of all faiths to post in the Spirituality Forum.

For many of us, our spirituality is the essence of who we are. It defines our thoughts, actions, hopes, and dreams. Our faith is what enables us to get through our darkest days and gives us hope in tomorrow. It is the promise of a future that will better than our past that keeps us going. Though we may have our differences, we are united by our similarities.

I hope that this forum can be a santuary of tolerance in a world that is often intolerant. I hope that members of all faiths will feel free to come here to post and know that they are among friends.

If I can help anyone in any way, please let me know. I really want to do a good job.

Warm Hugs,
    Amy

Congrats Amy,
    I think Jill and Donna made a very wise choice, You will be great at this, Because I know you have helped me and so many others
    (((((((((((hugs))))))))))
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thank you, Ronda. I really appreciate your kind post. It means alot to me. By the way, the last time we spoke, you were having a rough time. I hope you are doing better. You have really been thrown some hard knocks lately. I just want you to know that you are still in my prayers. Hugs, Amy

Comment

Amy that is so great, you will do a wonderful job, you just got that ability to do this job. You are a blessing.

Trish

Comment

Trish,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope I can do as great of a job as all of the other Mods we have. They have all been so warm and welcoming. I really appreciate everyone's help. Thank you again for your kind post.

Hugs,
          Amy

Comment

You will be great at this......you are so sweet and always have the kindest words for everyone. Congratulations :woohoo:
            Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Congrats!!

Amy, I am so glad to hear that you'll be moderating this section...you are PERFECT for it!! You have done so much to help me and others on this board, it is a position well-deserved and perfect for you (therefore, US, too!)!
              Thank You for all that you do!
              Thank You all so much to everyone here for all your sharing, caring and support!
              < My "Bear"
              CurrentTreatments:
              Started herbal teas 6/2/06 Marshmallow root, comfrey root, and catnip. 6/25/06 added Mullein Leaf Powder to tea.
              IC Diet
              Hydroxyzine 50 or 100mg at night (Is restarted)
              Zoloft 100mg 4/8/07 (Is restarted)
              Klonopin 1/2 mg 4 X Day (started 3/17/07)
              Past Treatments: Amitriptyline, Neurontin, Hytrin, Heparin instills (was Dc'd after 5 weekly tx's due to severe urethritis), Superior hypogastric plexus block, E-stim, Elmiron instills (started 4/18/06-Dc'd 5/30/06 due to severe urethritis/infection requiring foley cath @ home 4 days), Oxycontin (oxycodone) (4/18/06)-pain (Dc'd 5/31/06), Levsin S/L (hyoscyamine) (3/17/06)-antispasmotic (Dc'd 5/31/06), Elmiron (1/24/06)-(Dc'd 6/25/06), Prelief, Zanaflex 4mg for PFD (Dc'd 10/1/06), CystaQ 1 in am & 1 in pm with food(started 5/12/06-increased to 2 in am & 1 in pm 9/20/06---Dc'd 10/18/06), Lyrica (started 10/26/06 up to 600 mg-Dc'd 12/4/06 due to urinary retention), Vicodin (hydrocodone) ES PRN for pain (Dc'd 1/4/07); Cymbalta 30mg (start 1/17/07) up to 60mg in am (1/26/07) (D/c'd 3/17/07); Ativan 1mg(Lorazepam)- PRN Anxiety (changed to Klonopin 1/2mg 4Xday 3/17/07); Pyridium (phenazopyridine) PRN-bladder analgesic; MSM (6/12/06) 1000mg after breakfast & dinner (Dc'd 3/15/07); Acidophilus (Natrol) 100mg. 1 capsule 1/2 hour before breakfast (5/20/06) (Dc'd 3/17/07)

Added BACK in - Atarax (hydroxyzine) (started 4/6/06 Dc'd 5/31/06) Restart 50mg at night 8/18/06, up to 100mg at night 1/4/07. Zoloft 100mg-Depression (Dc'd 7/25/06) Restart 4/8/07) 100mg.
              Dx'd: Dec 05 (Positive PST in November and positive cystoscopy in Dec) Symptoms: Pain, frequency, urgency & retention

My Myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/42620225

Comment

Congrats Amy! this is a perfect role for you since you are always so kind and generous and not judgemental. You are perfect for this!!

Lots of hugs,

April

Comment

Congrats, Amy! I loved the title of your first post "Welcome All Faiths." I've noticed that pretty much all the posts I've seen on this board have come from Christians. And I understand that "Christian" itself encompasses a wide variety of beliefs and practice. But as a non-Christian, I found it a little intimidating and a little alienating, like maybe there wasn't a place for me here.

That was one reason I finally decided to post about Unitarians -- to maybe encourage the Unitarians, the Jews, the Buddhists and Moslems and Hindus and all the others among us to reach out to each other as well. Faith and spirituality are very important in the lives of a lot of non-Christians as well.

I TRULY mean no offense to anyone here. One of the basic tenants of my faith is tolerance and acceptance of others. I'm happy for anyone who recieves solace and strength from their beliefs. I just don't want to see this forum default to a "Christians only" forum. IC hits randomly; it doesn't care what religion you are when it gets you.

So, Amy -- there's your first challenge How are we going to bring members of other faiths over here?
                  Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                  Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I believe Amy is the perfect person to help bring all faiths together here, She is the most kind hearted and accepting person I have ever met..

I beleive this wont be a challanged, If we all just keep in mind why we are here at the ICN in the first place, We all can relate to each other and feel each others pain, Like you stated IC does not pick and choose, it does not care about religion, race, gender, color, it strikes at random, disabling anyone it in its path..

I am a Cristian,
                    But I love all people, I have so many friends, I care about who have differant religions, or race, or color..I do not pick and choose who I want to be my friends, I am not raciest, or sexist, My best friend is a lesbian and I love her dearly and my other best friend is bi-racial, and they have been there for me through thick and thin, So the way I look at things its not what you do in life or what you believe in, its who you are on the inside that counts..........

Hugs To All..
                    And remember we all have to stick together and get the word out on what is IC, so we can beat this disease!!!
                    Hugs
                    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thank you Chris, April, Octoberfarm, and Carolyn. I really appreciate all of your kind and supportive posts. You guys are always there for me and everyone else.

Carolyn, I agree with you that so far, it has been primarily Christians who post here. In fact, it was your post that made me think that maybe people who werent Christian didnt post because they thought it was a Christian board. That is why I wrote this post. I wanted to be sure that all faiths felt welcome to post here. Of course, I realize that one "welcoming" post wont do the trick alone. So, I want to really encourage all faths to post over here. Not only that, but there are plenty of people who are spiritual, but not really religious. I hope that they too will feel like they can post here.

I am glad that we can talk about it. I agree, IC doesnt care what the faith is of the bladder it strikes. We are all in it together now!

I hate it that you found it alienating on the Spirituality board in the past. I will get people of other faiths over here to post, even if I have to personally recruite them! In the meantime, dont you go anywhere! I really do want people of all faiths to feel welcome here.

Thanks again to everyone who posted. I am so glad that we can all talk about everything without worrying.

Hugs to all,
                      Amy

Comment

Originally posted by ihurttoo
                        IC doesnt care what the faith is of the bladder it strikes.
                        OK, now I'm having visions of my bladder suddenly "getting religion" and taking off on its own spiritual journey! And then I'm thinking, "Let it go off on its journey -- I'm sure I'd be happier without it." I had to take my highest painkiller dose today, and I think it's messing with my mind... I am really losing it...

Seriously, Amy, I'm not laughing at you, just at my own silliness. And I'm so glad that you said what you did. Especially about people who are spiritual but not necessarily religious. I look forward to seeing this board develop, and being a part of that!
                        Last edited by Berkshire Road; 02-04-2007, 08:05 AM.
                        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Thanks you, Ronda, for your kind words and vote of confidence. I would have thanked you in my previous post too, but we must have been posting at the same time. But, thank you again for your lovely post. I will do my very best to do a good job and make this a place where all feel welcome.

Hugs,
                          Amy

Comment

Not sure what Religion I am

Amy,

I am not sure what Religion I am. Dad's Jewish and Mom is Catholic. I do know one thing, no matter what Religion I have or don't have, I also have IC. I know that I am welcome here anytime!

Thank You

Kara
                            Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
                            http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Your Welcome Amy.....
                              Hugs
                              Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Working...
                              X