Welcome All Faiths!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kara,

I know you dont really consider yourself to be any religeon, but, like we were saying, you dont have to be religeous to be spiritual. I know you are spiritual, whether you see yourself that way or not. I think alot of people are spiritual but arent necessarily religeous. I hope they will all post more. I am glad to know you feel welcome over here and glad you posted. Now, come back and dont be a stranger over here!

Hugs,
    Amy
    Last edited by ihurttoo; 02-04-2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Carolyn, I agree with Ronda, we all have something in common and that is IC. I hope you don't feel intimidated to write what you feel. I asked questions because I never heard about this, just like I ask questions when I first came on this site. I learned so much about IC that the doctors could not tell me. Asking you questions about what you believe, it was not to intimidate you. I hope you will always feel welcome here.

Trishann

Comment

Oh, I forgot something, I wish my bladder would run away too.

Comment

Hi Amy, I'm so proud of you and know you'll do a fine job. You welcomed me to this site so beautifully, and I know that you'll help many others. My appointment with the Urologist didn't go well, at all!! He wants to do a Cystoscopy Hyperdistention, which should have been done to diagnosis IC in the first place, but apparently they are now doing it as a treatment, as so many of the woman who had the test felt much better after having it done. But I am really scared, as it means having to go under General Anasthetic again, and I have already had so many surgeries in my life. I just feel so frightened and alone. My Mom's just had a stroke, and she was always my best friend, I could tell her anything, but now I don't want to upset her, and my father agrees, so I don't have my usual support in Mom. My best friend has just been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, so don't want to put a lot on her, either. I really need a hug and some prayers. I have taken to reading my Bible again, after 38 years, and am finding some comfort. And just knowing that there are people like you out there, makes me feel so much better.
          Congratulations, again,
          Curlette
          Hugs,
          Curlette

Drugs I use now:
          HM Contin 12mg twice daily
          2 mg Dilaudid for breakthrough pain
          Temazepam for sleep
          CES orally

Drugs I have used in the past:
          Elmiron
          Elavil
          Gabapentin
          Vagifem
          Lomotil
          Ativan
          Buscopan
          Demerol
          Flexeril
          Way too many to list!!!!!

Medical History:
          Have had L4 laminectomy, L4,5 & S1 discectomies, cholecystectomy, appendectomy, gall bladder removed, nasal surgery for accute sinusitis, severe,endometriosis resulting in a total hysterectomy. Also diagnosed with IC, IBS, severe spinal stenosis, severe osteo-arthritis, I wear hearing aids in both ears due to an earlier "abusive marriage". I have Hepatitis C Type 1b, have had this for over 3 decades, this has affected my liver and immune system. Had a blood tranfusion when I was in the Middle East and we think that I got the Hep C at that time.They buy the "blood" there, and as it was so many years ago, they didn't even know the disease existed.I have lost over 60 lbs since my botched hysterectomy where they had to go in again and remove 4 feet of my colon where they had mistakenly stapled it through. I've shrunk from 5'9 to 5'6 because of the osteoporosis. When they first diagnosed me with IC, they found out that my bladder is only 40% the size of a normal bladder, which explains why I have to pee so often, even aside from the IC! I Have had two hydrodistentions, so far, but will need more on a regular basis. We all need to have faith that they will find a cure soon.
          I believe that if we can reduce our stress, learn better ways to cope, we may have a better chance of dealing with this!!!

Comment

Dear Curlette,

Thank you for your kind words. I know you are scared of the Cysto/hydro, but it is true that alot of people get relief from them. For alot of people, it puts them into a months long remission. I know several people that has happened with. I pray that it will go that way for you too. But, even if it doesnt, at least you will know more than you do know and have a more accurate diagnosis. It is alot easier to treat IC when you know for sure that is what you are dealing with!

I am sorry that your friends and family are going thru so much too. I definately understand about not wanting to burden them with all they have going on. But, we are always here and we do understand. I initially came here to post because I couldnt talk to my Mom then either. (She is bi-polar and had just had a nervous breakdown, so it wasnt the time to add anything else to her plate.) But, now, I prefer to talk here just because I know that others are going thru the same thing and that they understand. Also, I guess we all know someone who you ask "How are you?" and they go into to a discussion of their ailments. I never wanted to be that person. So, I try to limit my IC talk to pretty much here. Not that I dont ever talk about it anywhere else, but if I do, it is very brief and not in any detail. It has worked well for me, in that I have an outlet, yet I dont feel like I am burdening or boring others. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, thank you again for posting. I know it must be hard for you sometimes, especially since you cant go to the people you normally would right now, so if you ever need someone to talk to for any reason, you are welcome to pm me anytime.

Hugs,
            Amy

Comment

Religion

Thanks for opening this up to everyone. This is a blessing.
              Blessings,
              Ruth

Comment

Hi, Ruth! Glad to see you over here! Hope to see you post more here in the future! Hugs, Amy

Comment

Religion

Amy........... you dont know how glad I am that you are starting this, I was brought up Catholic Married Catholic and some how I have raised my children Chatholic, I go to a non denomentaiton Bible study group and most of them are christians and they have been wonderful friends over the years and have really been there for me in thought times with my IC. I dont ever feel judged or criticised by them, but I dont know if I am doing wrong by God. I love God and I know that in the end his is the only one. Thanks for listening Amy.
                  Blessings,
                  Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by curlycue
                    Amy........... you dont know how glad I am that you are starting this, I was brought up Catholic Married Catholic and some how I have raised my children Chatholic, I go to a non denomentaiton Bible study group and most of them are christians and they have been wonderful friends over the years and have really been there for me in thought times with my IC. I dont ever feel judged or criticised by them, but I dont know if I am doing wrong by God. I love God and I know that in the end his is the only one. Thanks for listening Amy.
                    Dear Ruth,

I am so glad to see you posting here. Before we try to help, I just want to make sure that I understand. Are you worried that you are doing the wrong thing because you are attending a non-denomenational Bible study group instead of attending a Catholic one, since you are a Catholic? Or are you worried because you arent sure if you are a Catholic or exactly what you believe and are studying with a non-denominational group trying to figure out what you belive? Please elaborate more. I know that we all want to help you thru the things that are bothering you. I just want to make sure that we understand before we try to help you.

One more thing, if you dont mind, I would love to see you create a new thread about this. That way, more people will see it and you can get even more points of view. (If you prefer not to, then don't worry about it. I just want alot of people to see it to get several perspectives.)

Hugs,
                    Amy
                    Last edited by ihurttoo; 02-04-2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Religion

I really dont know what I am worried about. I dont know if I am worried that its wrong to be attending a Catholic bible study. Is that wrong in Gods eyes.
                      Blessings,
                      Ruth

Comment

Ruth,
                        I am Catholic but I attend a non-denominational Bible study and I just love it. I don't feel guilty about it at all because I am studying God's word with women of all faiths and the one common denominator is God and his word. It is pretty awesome to see people of all faiths studying the Bible together. We might not worship in the same ways but we all worship Christ.
                        Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Ruth,

I agree. I think that the important thing is to study. The where or with whom isnt really the important part. You are doing the important part when you study. The study part can be done anywhere with anyone. I hope this helps!

Hopefully, others will post to give their viewpoints too.

Hugs,
                          Amy

Comment

Religion

Octoberfarm and ihurtoo........... Thanks for the support. You ladies are right as long we are all together and worshiping Gods word thats all that counts. Thanks
                            Blessings,
                            Ruth

Comment

Working...
                            X