Spirituality takes many forms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirituality takes many forms...

I loved the previous thread, it really hit a note with me on what spirituality means to me, I didn't see it divisive at all! I'm sorry that it was locked, as I was just about to post! Just the AWE that Carolyn, Amy, Donna, and the others talked about, has nothing to do with any particular religion, just the things that make us step back and wonder....can be something that makes me (us?) feel closer to others, my faith, and this beautiful world we live in.
    Some of you know these past months have been a real trial for me for a variety of reasons, but the one thing I focused on to keep my faith was the AWE I felt in the everyday things in my life and the world around me. I would often say, when I couldn't see the light, I just want to feel in awe of something, and when looked and I did see it, whether it be in church, with friends, or just an incredible sunrise/sunset, a longed-for rain, my family or friends saying just the right things, my students giving me a hug and saying "I love your class!...those were the things that made me realize there is a purpose here, and I an so thankful I could see the blessing in that.

We were sorry to be forced to discontinue the other thread, but I'm sure you can see how it was going in a really bad direction. That said, I think it's a wonderful idea to share things that are truly awesome! I see so many beautiful things in our world.

Yesterday it was VERY cold here (for Oregon, that is) so when I took my daily walk down our 400-foot driveway for our newspaper, I was freezing. When I got back and walked in the door I commented to husband Terry how cold I was. He said he wondered why I was gone so long --- he was right --- the Canada geese were making their daily flight from the fields to the lake a mile from us and there were thousands --- and I of course had to stand in the cold in the rain --- watching and listening until the last group flew over.

I feel soooo fortunate to be able to see them so often and I don't look forward to their migration to the north in the spring.

Warm hugs,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I agree there is wonder/spirituality - whatever your personal term for it may be, around us every day, it's just up to us to notice it! I think sometimes we take the "mundane" for granted and really don't see the beauty in it as is there so often!!

Just talking with some of the girls, and I realized what a blessing my hubby is - well, I should say how we met! "Something" pushed me to make a phone call that I would have never ever imagined my shy self making, I still don't understand how I managed to do it... To me, that is one of those moments to stop and ponder and be thankful for as well!!! I still look back and am amazed that I am now married to him...For me, I firmly believe it's "otherworldly"

Oh I am a geese gazer as well, lol. It their "flight pattern", etc., amazes and awes me. I love it...even though when they are 2 feet away from me they scare me
      Hugs,
      Tracey
      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
      IC dx'd Nov 2004
      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
      Possible IBS
      Current IC Meds
      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
      Previous IC Meds taken:
      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
      Others:
      Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
      Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
      Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
      Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Often when a thread is closed it is done after edits have been made and posts possibly deleted. That can leave folks coming to the thread after the fact wondering what led to the thread being closed to more posts.

I agree, the premise of that thread was wonderful.
        Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Oh very true Kim, I thought about typing that, but I got distracted, lol. After the fact they do look benign, and does lead to a lot of head scratching as to just what the heck happened, lol!!!
          Hugs,
          Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
          IC dx'd Nov 2004
          Possible IBS
          Current IC Meds
          Previous IC Meds taken:
          Others:

Comment

My most spiritual experience that really hit home was in June of 96 when my daughter was born with pulmanary hypertention, no heart contractility and a blocked artery to her right kidney. SHe as on total life support for a month and in the third week of all this they neonatologist met me and explained to me that they had done everything medically with no avail and that they had literally put her life in gods hands and that a funeral was not long for this little one. SHe will be 11 in June and someone somehwere answred my prayers. This is the time in my life when someone intervined for a reason and left me this little girl to raise. If that ain't spirtual nothing is.

Comment

So true Leslie, so true!!!!
              Hugs,
              Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
              IC dx'd Nov 2004
              Possible IBS
              Current IC Meds
              Previous IC Meds taken:
              Others:

Comment

Leslie, what a beautiful story. I consider children a true miracle and to have your baby with you still is yet another miracle. Thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

Leslie...You reminded me of the experience I had several months ago. Some of you may remember that I was involved in a story about a baby girl born without the left side of her heart. She had to have open heart surgery during her first week of life. I was at the hospital the day of that surgery and witnessed the events.

Anyway, a few months later, Hubby, I and some others who were at the hospital that day went to see this little girl and her family. Thinking about this still brings tears to my eyes.......Anyway......I had the privilege of holding this miracle baby (Eloise) in my arms that day. I had to remind myself not to squeeze her because my "mommy heart" wanted to hold her with everything I had and never let her go. Oh what joy I experienced that day. The last time I had been able to touch her was on the day before the surgery in the ICU when she was hooked up to so many tubes and things that she was barely visible. Now she was in my arms...tube free and smiling up at me. Oh my...talk about a spiritual moment.

Eloise is now 8 months old and has been through the second of several surgeries.
                  Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Ok Sharon, between you and Leslie, my mascara is running!!!!
                    Hugs,
                    Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                    IC dx'd Nov 2004
                    Possible IBS
                    Current IC Meds
                    Previous IC Meds taken:
                    Others:

Comment

I remember Eloise story Sharon Glad you got to hold her

Comment

Sharon I remember that post too... Leslie I have seen all the baby pictures of your daughter and it was so devastating. God currently was looking over your child.
                        Ok min would be of the birth of my daughter. too. I spent 8 of the 9 months in the hospital on iv's and feed phenobarbital to stop the labor. I was repeatedly asked to terminate the pregnancy. During an amniocentesis at (8 months pregnant}, I was crying and the doctor screamed at me to shut my mouth before he poked my baby.. What flew out of my mouth stunned the room. He pulled out the needle, threw it on the table and said there is no fluid anyway. He proceeded to tell me that I should let them induce labor and end it. That "it" would never last the first 24 hours and that "it" if it did would be donsyndrome and die before age 5. Then he demanded an ultra sound. The ultra sound showed a tiny 3 lb 7 ounce little girl, she was not an "it" I delivered a healthy 5lb 6 ounce 17 inch long baby..
                        A few years back we were at the hospital, and seen the good ole doc. I asked the Dr if he remembered me, I told him in an elevator full of people, this is the child you called an it, and would never survive.. The door then opened an I stepped off , leaving him in there with his peers and visitors.. with opend mouths.
                        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Leslie...I knew you would remember. The PM you sent me about your daughter was so wonderful and gave me such hope at that time. From the bottom of my healthy heart I want so say thank you.

Tig...Oh my...What a wonderful story. We all are grateful that she is with us.

People...There are Spiritual things happening all the time. We just have to take the time to look at them and remember them when we are having the bad times.
                          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I know Sharon you know the sight of a true miracle but here is my miracle now and then. SO you can see how miracles happen and they do grow up to be the princess you dreamed of

[/IMG]

Comment

and her birth photo is in my photobucket link below

Comment

Working...
                              X