Things are lookin' GOOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things are lookin' GOOD!

My sister was able to get thru 19 of the 20 interferon treatments. She was the only one who'd started in the 'group' that made it that far! She was so down on herself and I was so angry because I thought she'd done a tremendous job! I'm all geeked and sobbing cuz I was so happy and she's like...duha, I missed one...WTFC's?????????????? She made 19. Sounds to me like that glass is definately 1/2 full!
    I try my best to not call her every day because I know what it feels like to feel like complete crap and have someone call you with the fake cheeriness trying to make everthing look rosey.
    I went a week without talking to her because I've been so sick (yea, what'z new) and it had me headed into one of my black holes. Well, I couldn't stand it and I called her on Friday morning and I have my sister back She is tired. She is beat. She has been healthy as a horse for 51 years. Now she has to learn a whole new way of living. The injections she is taking are Mon, wed and fri and she said she just feels like she has a mild case of the flu and according to her dr, her body will adjust to that part but NOT the fatigue. I keep telling her that she's going to have to learn a whole new sleep pattern but she's still quite the control freak so we all know how hard that battle is. This part of the treatment will last for 11 months unless she would have to stop because of damage to the liver from the meds.
    We should beable to pull a great day at Kohl's in about 3 weeks! I have to say this again....cancer gave me my sister and I thank God for that everynight. It's really a ****ttty way to get a real relationship going with a sibling but I think that God knew that nothing short of this was going to work.

One day at a time.......
    Please keep those prayers comin'
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

{{{{{{{{{{{{Teri********************************great news to hear about your sister Prayers are still coming. Prayers work. Hang in there. there ishope. grouphug angel kissing
    Hang in there , There is hope.
    There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Teri~

Wonderful news!

Amanda

Comment

Great BIG smiles for you & your sister lmao :cool: kissing Kathi
        One Day At A Time
        Kathi

Comment