No announcement yet.

Nothing left anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Betsie Westie, and thank you so much for your kind words in your post to me. I try to remember my Mum everytime I feel down, or sometimes a friend wants to talk, and I remember how she was, and always had time to listen, it made a lot of difference to a lot of people. I too, think about everything the older generation had to deal with, and yet, like you said they never did complain. I know today everything is so much faster and life seems to be whizzing by with so many things to do, and get done in a certain time. IC has definitely made me realize I needed to slow down and smell the roses, and that is what I try to do. I try and give back some of the help, and comfort, that I have got from the IC network, and the IC family, each and every one is really special to me and there are some wonderful caring people here, that it is a privilege to spend my time with every day. Hope that you are doing O.K. and sorry to read about the friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer, do hope that she will have good medical care. Take care my friend, and thank you so much for your really nice words, love and hugs Iris hi kissing grouphug
    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Thank you again...I changed my name here slightly because a long time ago someone actual recognized me on an internet board and it freaked me out a little. I'm posting about things that are so very personal (sex life with IC, etc) that I felt a little uncomfortable. I know it's probably a little silly...so more for future posts I made the slight change. I have a lot of pain today and I don't know why. It happened after I picked up my daughter from school. It might be from the car ride. I have had pain every day for one month and some days it has been extreme. My spirits in the last day or two have been better though.

Comment

Well...I ended up crying a lot last night. The pain was over the top. I have also lost a lot of weight. I'm afraid to eat or am in too much pain to eat and end up missing meals...esp. dinner. (The pain is often worse in the evening). Please pray that the urologist I'm going to see on the 27th can help me. Emotionally, I have fears of the pain and fears of shortchanging my husband and family of a healthy wife and mom. I'm doing slightly better spiritually....but the severe pain is hard to get through. I really hope this new doctor can help me.

Comment

Hi Adry--

I know what you are feeling, and I am sorry that you are feeling this way. You are so very not alone! I hope the uro can help you!

Hugs and love,
          Jess
          Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hi Adry! I'm so sorry you are suffering, and I'm very glad that you are going back to the Dr. soon. You MUST have adequate pain meds immediately! When you are in pain it is impossible NOT to be depressed, and then to start wondering why you are being "punished" (by God, fate, or whatever) Of course the truth is you are NOT being punished and you haven't done anything to deserve this, you just have a really sucky disease that WITH THE RIGHT TREATMENT can be much improved. And that treatment starts with effective pain control, no matter how many drs or pain clinics you have to go to. You DON'T deserve to suffer, and there is no reason why you should Control of pain IS possible, and you should settle for nothing less. I hope your dr understands this and can help you. beth_s

Comment

You are so right, beth. Thank God IC treatment has come a long way since 1992 when i was told that "I didnt need any pain medication because it was in my head and that I was probably a secret drug addict." Now pain management clinics can help people with IC out and treat them with dignity.

Comment

I agree pain management is so important. I am mad at myself because I let a doctor tell me to just "live with the pain" and I should have spoken up for myself and demanded the pain medication that would have helped me and the other medications to help my bladder.

I suffered for 3 years because I was so intent on being a "good girl" and I tell you, I don't believe in being a good girl anymore, now I believe that when a person has pain they have to fight to obtain relief and not let doctors push them away.

Hope you feel better soon and get the medications you need to feel better.

Love, ICY

Comment

I am in total agreement with the girls, pain management is very important in trying to lead a fairly normal life with IC. I know I went for a long time dealing with the pain, until I was finally diagnosed, and then the right meds were found, and also meds for the pain when needed. It has been a great help to me, and I am now leading a fairly normal life. Hope that you can get some help, and be in control of your IC pain. Take care and hugs Iris hi grouphug
                  Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X