Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britgal
    replied
    I am in total agreement with the girls, pain management is very important in trying to lead a fairly normal life with IC. I know I went for a long time dealing with the pain, until I was finally diagnosed, and then the right meds were found, and also meds for the pain when needed. It has been a great help to me, and I am now leading a fairly normal life. Hope that you can get some help, and be in control of your IC pain. Take care and hugs Iris hi grouphug

Leave a comment:

• ICyuck
    replied
    I agree pain management is so important. I am mad at myself because I let a doctor tell me to just "live with the pain" and I should have spoken up for myself and demanded the pain medication that would have helped me and the other medications to help my bladder.

I suffered for 3 years because I was so intent on being a "good girl" and I tell you, I don't believe in being a good girl anymore, now I believe that when a person has pain they have to fight to obtain relief and not let doctors push them away.

Hope you feel better soon and get the medications you need to feel better.

Love, ICY

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    You are so right, beth. Thank God IC treatment has come a long way since 1992 when i was told that "I didnt need any pain medication because it was in my head and that I was probably a secret drug addict." Now pain management clinics can help people with IC out and treat them with dignity.

Leave a comment:

• beth_s
    replied
    Hi Adry! I'm so sorry you are suffering, and I'm very glad that you are going back to the Dr. soon. You MUST have adequate pain meds immediately! When you are in pain it is impossible NOT to be depressed, and then to start wondering why you are being "punished" (by God, fate, or whatever) Of course the truth is you are NOT being punished and you haven't done anything to deserve this, you just have a really sucky disease that WITH THE RIGHT TREATMENT can be much improved. And that treatment starts with effective pain control, no matter how many drs or pain clinics you have to go to. You DON'T deserve to suffer, and there is no reason why you should Control of pain IS possible, and you should settle for nothing less. I hope your dr understands this and can help you. beth_s

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Hi Adry--

I know what you are feeling, and I am sorry that you are feeling this way. You are so very not alone! I hope the uro can help you!

Hugs and love,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    Well...I ended up crying a lot last night. The pain was over the top. I have also lost a lot of weight. I'm afraid to eat or am in too much pain to eat and end up missing meals...esp. dinner. (The pain is often worse in the evening). Please pray that the urologist I'm going to see on the 27th can help me. Emotionally, I have fears of the pain and fears of shortchanging my husband and family of a healthy wife and mom. I'm doing slightly better spiritually....but the severe pain is hard to get through. I really hope this new doctor can help me.

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    Thank you again...I changed my name here slightly because a long time ago someone actual recognized me on an internet board and it freaked me out a little. I'm posting about things that are so very personal (sex life with IC, etc) that I felt a little uncomfortable. I know it's probably a little silly...so more for future posts I made the slight change. I have a lot of pain today and I don't know why. It happened after I picked up my daughter from school. It might be from the car ride. I have had pain every day for one month and some days it has been extreme. My spirits in the last day or two have been better though.

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi Betsie Westie, and thank you so much for your kind words in your post to me. I try to remember my Mum everytime I feel down, or sometimes a friend wants to talk, and I remember how she was, and always had time to listen, it made a lot of difference to a lot of people. I too, think about everything the older generation had to deal with, and yet, like you said they never did complain. I know today everything is so much faster and life seems to be whizzing by with so many things to do, and get done in a certain time. IC has definitely made me realize I needed to slow down and smell the roses, and that is what I try to do. I try and give back some of the help, and comfort, that I have got from the IC network, and the IC family, each and every one is really special to me and there are some wonderful caring people here, that it is a privilege to spend my time with every day. Hope that you are doing O.K. and sorry to read about the friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer, do hope that she will have good medical care. Take care my friend, and thank you so much for your really nice words, love and hugs Iris hi kissing grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi Audrey and Betsie Wetsie, first of all, Audrey glad you are feeling better, I know that it makes such a difference to feel like you have some control over your illness, and the IC family helps each of us in so many ways, it is a wonderful place to come, and share ourselves with each other, and I also thinks that helps us with our illness, personally it does me. Second to Betsie, you are very welcome, I loved that post and it really touched me. Glad you visited my homeland, hope that you can make it back there someday. My Mum was a very special person, one strong lady who conquered many adversities and came out fighting, and conquering them, I am so glad I had her for my mother. She was told when she was young at 18, she would never walk again, and she did, then she was told because of her heart, she would never have children, and she did, and raised us alone as my Dad died of cancer at a young age, so I always found my strength from her, and then when she died, some of my strength went with her. When I was diagnosed with IC, I needed her strength so much, and it took a while for mine to comeback, but being with all the gals on here, I am rock solid again with so much support, and when I read your post it was my mum whispering in my ear again, thanks and luv ya lots for that Iris hi kissing

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    Thank you everyone! I am feeling better today both physically and emotionally. I think the more I learn about the illness, especially about pain control, and the more support I get from this board...the better I feel. I truly appreciate what you are doing for me!!! grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Betsie Wetsie, I just have to comment on your lengthy post, I thought it was wonderfully written and expressed, and really touched on a few issues that I had gone through also in regard to illness. I always enjoy reading your posts, but I think this one deserves a gold star. I know I am one of the older folks here, but I really felt like I had my mum back talking to me through your post. Just had to let you know how much reading that meant to me, thanks Iris kissing grouphug

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    replied
    Movin,
    Hey I read your "lengthy post" and you said it all very well.
    I can see why you are the "go to Mom" for comfort.
    Hugs!

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    Audrey, God does not punish, He cries as He watches us suffer, and He tries to help. I think some of us carry a burden for others, to teach them, It is unfair that we have we have to be one of the people carrying that burden, but don't think this is a punishment, because it isn't. My severe health problems began when I was 8 years old. I now have a huge list of things wrong. I see myself as a servent, carrying a burdan, so that others do not have to. (I feel connected to Jesus in that way) And although it looks like one thing after another, not really allowing you to have anytime with your health under control, maybe the purpose in that is so that they were not all at their worst at once.
    I do not have the answers, but I do believe God loves you, is in pain when you are in pain, but just like a parent that sits at the door struggling to not go comfort their baby that just needs to fall asleep, God tries to give guidance, while still letting us learn some things for ourselves.
    Peace Be With You grouphug

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Faith: I am not going to lecture you on God. I am also one that does not practice my faith. I am there for funerals and weddings etc. But honestly, I don't think you have to be within hallowed walls to be a spiritual person. Your faith is inside of you. It is what is in your heart that matters. Asking God to please help is as much your right as it is anyone that attends church on a regular schedule. That does not make them a better person than you..EVER.
    AAAAAA-MEN, sistah!!! wink

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hello Audrey, and my heart went out to you when I read your post. You are not alone, we all here are part of your extended family, and will always be here to give you love, support and encouragement. I do agree with Donna, that you may be suffering with clinical depression with all the health problems you are experiencing and must seem overwhelming to you right now. I myself believe that God will help you through, and I personally think we have challenges at times to make us stronger, although it does not feel like it at the time. I know I have had my moments at times with health challenges. Please know that you can always come here and have the love and compassion from so many good women that care, please keep us posted as to how you are doing and try and get some help with your depression, it will mke a world of difference believe me. Take care and love and many hugs Iris hi kissing grouphug grouphug

Leave a comment:

Working...
X