Update on my SISTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my SISTER

Caught in the wonderful world of medical limbo is what you'd call it I guess. Because she refused treatment from her first oncologist who told her that the infection in her incision from removing the lymph nodes was no big deal my sister asked for another oncologist because she doesn't feel comfortable with this one....geez, wonder why cussing cussing When my sister insisted on an antiobitic to treat the infection they couldn't find a drug store to fill it....only to call a hospital to be told they no longer make the drug!?!?!?!?! She had to go out there the day after to the surgeon to have the infection properly treated...the oncologist was suppose to do this immediately on the first visit but didn't. cussing cussing So, now my sister can't get in to see the head of the department until March 18th......guess they figure they are basically fighting a loosing battle so why panic. Well, damnit! It's my sister and 4 weeks of treatments have just been stolen from her which could equal 4 less weeks she has to live
    She is doing her darndest to keep busy. She is doing some sewing because of numbness and nerve damage in the leg....she can't stand to have pants rubbing the incision so she is making some pull-over dresses. She is cooking dinner's and keeping the house up, doing all the things that she can to try to keep her mind while waiting. And, the longer she has to wait, the more she is learning about this treatment which is NOT that effective
    I always thought we got the bumb steer because we got stuck with IC and no one knows about it so we are left to suffer. Well, apparently it ain't so. It happens to people who have live time bombs ticking away inside of them too

I really appreciate all the the PM's and the encouragement.....

Please keep praying for my family~
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Teri,
    Thank-you for the update. I was wondering how she was doing but didn't want to ask. I know how upsetting this whole ordeal is for all of you. Sending my prayers and hoping for good things.

Jolene
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Hi Teri,
      I answered your letter in P.M.
      God Bless,
      Susan
      Susan
      People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Teri************************** Hugs to you and your sister and your family. I am so sorry that I haven't asked you how your sister was doing. I have been selfish. Been putting myself first lately and trying to get my strenght back up from the last round of the hospital thing. I think I need to call my uro and surgeon and to see what is going on. Thanks for being a friend. You are an inspiration to me. Love,Deb
        Hang in there , There is hope.
        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Teri, I am praying for a miracle for your sister! I can't imagine what you guys are going through. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated!
          grouphug Alyson
          Alyson
          -------------------------------
          If you have time to worry, you have time to pray!

Comment

TERI I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SISTER. IF WHERE HER AND WOULD CALL THE OFFICE AND TELL THEM THAT SHE NEEDS TO SEE HIM BEFORE THAT. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE DOCTOR WOULD NOT TREAT THE INFECTION. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR BOTH OF YOU. DEBORAH kissing

Comment

Working...
            X