Thank You / Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You / Update

Thank you all so much for your prayers. A few hours after posting I was in the ER. Blood pressure of 66/40. Thank God I didn't just curl up and go to bed like I'd planned to do.

I had an acute pancreatitis attatck. Never, never think that your dr's are doing what is best with you and DEMAND a complete, a I mean COMPLETE blood work-up yearly. I have been having daily symptoms of this for a least 3 years now. Welp, after 3 hours in ICU some cold hard b**ch treated me like I had the pleague while she TOLD me, "Well, you do know you have acute pancreatis, don't you." "How long has it been since you've had a drink." A statement, not a question. I couldn't even get the glory of telling her 16 years cuz by this time I was in way too much pain to get into a pi$$ing match. I dr. Like all of us, I dr ALOT. I've had my yearly scope into the tummy just a couple of months ago but ANOTHER dr who has turned all business.

I shouldn't be putting this here, I should be putting it in the vent category but I'm too dang weak to figure out how to break it up so here goes......no matter how much you think you know or trust your dr, DON'T. I have let my dr blow off my symptoms for almost 3 years now. A liver workup would have given clues to this.....it would definately lead up to a complete blood workup which would have dx'd it properly.

I'm scared. I'm scared to death. (not scared enough to stay in the hospital the extra 3 days) and I am so very very angry. I have had nothing but major melt-downs since early Thursday with the biggest one this afternoon when I came home and started reading on this wonderful new problem.

I don't ask "why" very often. At least I try not to. Seems like that's the only thing that I've been doing...."why me". Contending with 2 adult children that literally don't give a crap anymore about mom's new medical problem than the one I've had for years and years and they haven't clue one as to what it's about....they honestly believe that I'm making these things up to get attention and that hurts almost more than being sick does.

More " PARTNER PROBLEMS" because of his scheduling work and getting me to dr's appts I have this week. He sends his time taking care of his aging parents, which is a good thing, but I don't even get scraps. (they are able to make it to their own appts, senior meetings every night and just went out today and bought a new tv~sounds pretty healthy to me.) All's I get is how impossible I make his life because he has got to cancel appts around me again . (Oh, did I mention the 3 hours he spent over there after he brought me home hooking up the new tv?)

Guess I"m going to need those prayers to keep on comin' for awhile. Doesn't look like this one is going to be an easy one to correct at all....unless you can eat cream of wheat and drink juice (the ICer's best friend) until all symptoms clear up.

And, if I am not posting, I'm still reading and my prayers for my IC family are the first on my list and will continue to be.

A huge kissing to all~and again....thanks goes to the IC angel 's
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

You will definitely remain in my prayers. And I think a letter to the hospital about that nurse would be a good idea when you are feeling better.

Sending warm hugs and prayers,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug Teri, you are in my prayers and thoughts. You have been through so much. I respect you and look up to you. You have been my rock and you are an inspriation to me. You have so much strength and you keep going on and giving. You need to take care of you and worry about you. We will be here for you. Time for Teri. Please let me know if you need anything, you can email me at [email protected] think that how it is suppose to go. hold on for aminute. I figured it out lol. hugs for you and angels to watch over you. angel angel
      Hang in there , There is hope.
      There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Teri,
        You are in my prayers too. I can't believe you have another issue to deal with. Hang in there you know your IC family is here for you.

Jolene grouphug grouphug
        Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Teri-I'm sorry about your pancreatitis attack. I know how painful they are, I have been in the hospital for acute pancreatitis as well. Hope you are doing better.
          Jen

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Hi Teri, I feel so sorry that you have another thing to contend with, IC is enough on its own. I know what you mean about asking that things be done so you can find out earlier if something is wrong, than having to wait and deal with another illness that should have been spotted sooner. I know my doc was very good about that, at the time I was going through so much with a definitive diagnosis, he noticed some things in my blood work and he had me tested for lupus also just to make sure. I was not diagnosed with that so alls well that ends well, but hope that your blood pressure does not drop again like that, wow that was low, take care and hope you feel a little better,Iris hi grouphug
            Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Teri--

I hope things are getting a little better for you. Thoughts and prayers to you!!!

Tons of hugs!!!
              Jess
              Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hi Teri, I have not been on the computer for a few weeks, but I was sad to see you are having yet another problem. You are a very strong person and I will be saying a prayer for you. Just relax and keep us posted, is there anything we can do to help you through this, if so just let us know. In my thoughts often. Sue grouphug
                Sue

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug Teri, I hope that you are feeling better and taking good care of yourself and pampering yourself. I am praying for you.
                  Hang in there , There is hope.
                  There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

grouphug kissing grouphug kissing Teri, you are in my thoughts hope this clears up for you soon.
                    Brat
                    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
                    X