Trusting in God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusting in God

I wrote this for November 9th service. I know it is very hard to trust God when you have IC. I hope this can help someone.

written on Mark 12:38-44
    angel The widow in the story in Mark was what we all should be. She in all her poverty did cast in all, everything she needed to live by. The widow here gave everything she had to live by. , completely trusting in God to fulfill her needs. It is amazing if you think about it. Some of us may think “if I only had less then a penny to live by why not give it away I am depending on God completely already to live. Yet when things are most difficult for me financially I get less eager to put my money in the collection plate. She truly trusted God in a way I can hardly imagine.
    I’d like to share with you an email I received supposedly from God. I do not know the author. “To: YOU From: GOD - The Boss! Date: TODAY Subject: YOURSELF Reference: LIFE
    This is God. Today I will be handling all of your problems for you. I do not need your help. So, have a nice day. I love you. GOD P.S. And, remember.... If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it yourself !! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.
    P.S.S. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now. If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege. Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years. Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.
    Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children. Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk. Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishesthey had hair to examine. Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.
    Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!
    Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you, you may have touched their life in ways you will never know! Now, you have a nice day, God”
    Why is it so hard for us to trust God this way? One of the greatest fallacies of people today is that we think money can solve our problems. We are taught by this world that there is we should look for the solutions to our problems outside of the realm of faith. We cannot trust in God to give us what we need therefore we must get it on our own. So we make our own decisions and decide to take our lives into our own hands.
    Do we really see God as so far off, as a force that may have everything under control but really has very little interest in our long term welfare? Do we find it so hard to trust because we look at God as some general “supreme being” and think of God apart from Christ? I don’t know, maybe.
    Apart from Christ He doesn’t seem so trustworthy, for it is through Christ that He takes care of our long term welfare. It is through Christ that we can make into Heaven and paradise.
    I have read that ultimately our attitude toward money and other possessions is determined by whether or not we trust God and how fully we trust in God. This makes sense to me from what I see in others and myself. Depending or believe in money and possessions or depending and believing in God is a lifestyle and is at the base of probably every decision we make.
    When I was in college in a class called Jesus and the Human response we analyzed the different miracles Jesus performed. Some of them were looked at quite differently then how I had seen them before. Most of you (if not all) know of the stories where Jesus feeds five thousand people and the other where he feeds four thousand. In my class we looked at the possibility that Jesus’ self giving and loving way was the miracle. That it spread to the whole crowd and that people shared what they had, all had enough and were full and there was much left over.
    Instead of keeping there possessions for themselves they shared what they had. In doing so instead all had plenty. This obviously is not the world we live in, but we too can spread this miracle around. What it takes is trusting in God. Jesus of course trusted fully in the Father, and His presence taught the crowd “His Way”, God’s Way. The way we were meant to live.
    We cannot serve two masters; we cannot serve both God and man. Yet we all try to do this, we don’t want to reject God but we want to be happy, to enjoy our lives and for our lives to mean something. None of that is wrong; it is our beliefs as what brings them about that is wrong. Wealth in itself is not bad, but believing it will make you happy is. It won’t work. Power in itself is not bad, but believing that power will give us true joy is. The same is true for popularity, it is not where we find meaning in life, all these things come from God. We need to trust that to be true.
    If for no other reason in the world, than because the hand I was dealt would most defiantly be a loosing hand, from Man’s point of view. But I am happy, not that my world is perfect, but I have a joy that is more important than all of my troubles. Wouldn’t you rather have something that cannot be lost than temporary, wealth, power, or popularity?
    Now as I am sure some of you know well, I certainly do , our longing for happiness, peace, and meaning is not the only thing that keeps us from not fully trusting in God. Sometimes it is our fears. This is where I struggle the most: Fears of not having enough, pears of being powerless, fears of lives not having meaning, or of being disliked or rejected.
    “For if God be for us; it matters not who may be against us…. “If an earthy parent would thus care for his little helpless one, how much more will our heavenly Father, whose love is infinitely greater, and whose strength and wisdom can never be baffled, care for us!
    So I guess the big question left is how do trust more than we fear? It is a process. I have heard explained like learning to swim and trusting the water. People tell you that you can float, that water holds you up, so you put in a foot, and slowly begins risking getting into the water. When that risk goes well, you take the risk of trying to float, and it may take a few tries until you trust enough to allow yourself to float, but when that risk goes well you take the risk to try to swim. And each time you swim your trust for the water grows. (If you didn’t catch it God is the water and the process to trust in God is the same for us) We need to take small risks in trusting God so that we can slowly trust in Him more and more.
    We are all at different stages of how much we trust in God. You will know that you are trusting in God when you sacrifice freely of your time and energy to the Lord. When it isn’t your insurance policy or income that make you feel safe; but you relationship with the Lord does. When things go wrong but you don’t worry anymore; you put them in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.
    So this week, lets give that a try, and see how many things we put in that box; we leave there.

I could not talk about trusting in God without talking about a little about prayer. Prayer is more than just what we say and do, it is also about our whole attitude, the faith we have in what we say, the trust we have in God to answer our prayers in the way that He sees fit. Trusting God is what makes prayer possible. Prayer is trusting in God and trusting in prayer.
    Prayer is many things, but when we give God a problem, we need to trust that He knows what we need more than we do. We need to trust that he will take care of things, in His time, of course we may want things to go faster, but when all is is done, we find out; His path was the right one for us.
    Part of prayer is listening. But to hear God we need to trust that he will tell us what we want to know. If I am turning away from God with my life, I am not going to hear His voice. Then when you do hear Him speak, you need trust that it is God speaking to you. That can be very difficult, and you don’t want to assume it is God when it isn’t, but you will learn when you can trust that voice to be God, and when to doubt. The way to know when to trust and when to doubt is through the Bible, and the guidance of a Christian fellowship.
    Part of this incase you hadn’t noticed is trusting in the presence of the Holy Spirit within you. Trusting that God’s guidance is all you need and that He is there within you to give it to you. Incase you haven’t noticed often prayers are answered by you knowing finally what you should do, or how you can help.
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Katrina,
    Our minister is an extremely smart theologian (Sp?). He's pretty witty at times also. Would you mind if I shared the email from God with members of our church?
    I really like your post. It couldn't come at a better time for those lost souls somewhere out there.
    Thanks~
    Tons of support,
    Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Katrina, thank you so much for your post, I really enjoyed reading it. I know that God has helped see me through some rough spots in my life, and realise that more and more as I get older. I really enjoyed the e-mail from God, in fact the whole post was very interesting, thank you again, hugs Iris hi
      Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

hi Katrina,
        Thanks for your post.
        I really enjoyed reading it. I love the Bible and the Author, so I always enjoy finding out more and more about it. Sharing viewpoints kindles a desire to search & explore. The Bible is truly a Book that never grows old and every time I read it I usually discover something new.
        Carley

They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.---Isaiah 40:31

Comment

Thank you all so much for your posts. I was worried I would get negative responses, it was so risky for me to post the sermon I am going to give later on. I just often think of this board and our needs when I write sermons and read and research things for sermons. Just as I think of my own Churches needs I think of ours as a board as well. hi kissing hi
          Faith, Hope, and Love,
          Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Katrina,
            I also thought it was very good. Really gives people something to think about. Thank-you.

Jolene
            Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
            http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Katrina,
              Don't ever worry about someone elses negativity towards christianity. That's the best thing about this place. If they first read something they don't want to, then they have the right to stop reading what's left...You're so positive for people so don't stop what you're doing. One thing for sure is you'll get more thumbs up than thumbs downs.
              Hugs.....
              Tons of support,
              Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

(((Jamie))) thank you for what you said. I was more worried that negative remarks would make the sermon difficult to give on the 9th--I don't need anymore fear/nervousness of Preaching.

(((All)))thanks again for the nice remarks everyone.
                Faith, Hope, and Love,
                Katrina

Comment

yay, my picture is small and normal now!!!!!!!!!!

Galls that I was chatting with last night, or early this morning (Pam, Sue, Susie..not sure who else I told, this is the sermon up there at the top. wink Going to bed now, haven't slept yet, 6 am, going to bed, wa.
                  Faith, Hope, and Love,
                  Katrina

Comment

Working...
                  X