Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat
    replied
    NUTS TO ALMONDS!!! We're s'posed to be able to eat those, right? But they're a no-no for me...can't eat cashews either. But I can eat peanuts and peanut butter all day long. Pecans don't bother me either. The list of no-no's is wonderful in the beginning, but as we begin to find ways to manage this condition, we can experiment a little and sometimes find that there are many things we, personally, can eat! Yea!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    I love almonds........what is important to remember with the IC Diet is that it isn't cut and dry. Some people react to some foods and others do not. I eat almonds in green beans and in salads........I also eat them toasted....

Happy New Year everyone!

Leave a comment:

• rnewman
    replied
    Almonds are a life saver for me!! They are very alkaline, and I feel like they help more than they hurt.

I cant do walnuts though. Trial and error!

Happy New Year!
    Rachel

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi Dawn, I can tolerate almonds, but I watch my intake on any other nuts, must admit been cheating at Christmas, so far so good. We are all so different with what we can eat, it is such an interesting part of IC, if you can call IC interesting! Try just a little, that is what I have been doing with several things. I can even eat spaghetti now, with Prelief of course, and not too tomatoey, so far its just really spicy things with me that the ole bladder says whoa! that doesn't feel good. Let us know if nuts bother you, take care Iris hat

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sorry, almonds give me a very bad burn--I can't tolerate them at all, with or without Prelief. Nuts are a no-no for me. Maybe you'll be luckier? Here's hoping!!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I think they're considered a more IC-friendly nut. I'm pretty limited diet-wise & I've not had any trouble with them. In fact, here are my favorite uses for them...
    1. Chopped on top of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce.
    2. "Tollhouse" cookies made with white chocolate chips & chopped almonds.
    3. On top of any cold breakfast cereal
    4. Almond butter sandwiches (white bread toasted with ICN store almond butter on it) with a glass of milk
    5. Almond paste inside Pillsbury croissants. (I do take a Prelief with this because the canned almond paste has citric acid as a preservative. Don't really know if I need the prelief, but better safe than sorry).

Hope these ideas are helpful. You could test a small amount of almonds by themselves or one of the lower-concentration foods. (I tried the almonds with ice cream before I tried the croissants)
    Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• dawn217
    started a topic Almonds?

Almonds?

Are almonds OK on the IC Diet?
    I like nuts, but heard that some are good and some are bad.
Working...
X