potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potatoes

My uro told me to avoid potatoes-but then I see that there a lot of recipes on the site that have potatoes in them I know that everyone's forbidden foods are different, but my doctor put that on my list of no-no's. I haven't had a potatoe in two years and how I would love a baked one right now. I'm just curious how everyone reacts and if they do.
    Thanks!
    alana

Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness!
    Alana

I love baked potatos i dont have any flare ups by them but beware of the topping you may add to it. I use a small amount of butter on my potato with salt but these may bother others so be careful. sending you lots of luck and healing thoughts. grouphug
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

I heard do not eat the skins of potatoes.
      Sue C.~
      [email protected]

Comment

Potatoes are no problem for me. I especially like baked ones.

Once in a while we do get some that have some greenish color on the skins --- I always peel those because the skin tastes bitter to me.

Donna
        Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

No problem with plain, white potatoes. I never use the instant.
          Liz

Comment

No problem with potatoes for me either... I had some yesterday and no problems.
            Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
            *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
            *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
            *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Potatoes are the one thing that I am so grateful I can still eat. I can eat any kind of potatoe any way I like them and they are never a problem for me.

Lyn

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying! I am excited to try a potato! I will be thinking of you all while I am enjoying it.
                alana

Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness!
                Alana

Comment

Hi, I have no problems with potatoes, the only problem is, I eat too many, hugs Iris. hi wink
                  Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Potatoes are one of my feel better foods (almost like medicine). If I'm in pain all I can eat is a potatoe. Baked or mashed. Sometimes top it with butter and chopped red bell peppers for vitamin C. No problem for my IC or IBS.
                    Tilly

Comment

I think I am about as sensitive to foods as it gets and I don't have trouble with potatos. I eat them mashed and baked and fried! Yum!

Comment

I am fine with potatoes and am super food sensitive. I don't eat the peeling. No sour cream or cheese or bacon bits. And no bell pepper. I use just plain butter.

The only way I can handle fried potatoes is if I fry them myself. Most other people use a vegetable oil that has soy and occasionally corn, and I cann't handle soy or corn. I use either Canolla oil or Sunflower oil for frying. Olive is too heavy for frying potatoes.
                        Liz

Comment

Potatoes are fine for me and I've never flared to them. I cant have butter or margerine at all or i go into a horrid flare and with my rice allergy, Potatoes are a blessing. I tolerate Mayfield sour cream in small portions but be careful, everyones different.

Comment

Potatoes are nightshade plants. Nightshade plants have a high alkaloid content. Alkaloids are harmful nitrogen compounds. Potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, and bell peppers contain relatively large amounts of these neurotoxins. Until recently, only potatoes had been thoroughly researched since they are the staple food in many countries.

Comment

Working...
                            X