apricots, microwave popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apricots, microwave popcorn

Hi, the okay foods list includes apricots. Does this include dried apricots? Has anyone tried a particular brand? I'm hitting my boredom level with honeydew, blueberries and pears. When I tried half a Gala apple I had a 12-hour flare. Also, has anyone tried microwave popcorn? I haven't had any trouble with corn products so far but am very wary of any prepared foods. Thanks for any input.
    Fletcher

Hi and welcome Fletcher to the boards. In answer to your question about apricots, I have never tried the dried, but I can tolerate the regular ones. I can also tolerate the Gala apples, and I think they are the lesser acidic apple, so sounds like your IC does not like apples much. Cannot help you with the popcorn question though, I am sure you will get some good advice from the other gals, and our few guys here. You have come to the right place for input on IC, plenty of information, support, and caring ICers. Welcome once again, take care Iris. hi
    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

I love popcorn, don't eat the microwaved stuff often but when I have it hasn't upset the bladder at all.
      Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I can eat microwave popcorn too. I stay away from the too salty ones though.

Cali
        Cali

Comment

I buy the 24 pack box of microwave popcorn. We eat a lot of it in our house. I get the low fat and it doesn't bother me at all.

If apricots don't bother you, the dried ones might be okay --- I would read the label carefully.

Hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I eat lots of microwave popcorn too!!

I dont know about apricots, but as far as dried fruit, I go for the non~sulfered if I have a choice. I dont know why, I just think I tolerate it better.

Hope this helps.
            Rachel
            @[email protected]
            "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

Hey, Fletcher!
              Thanks for asking this... Now I'll be braver to try the microwave popcorn I've got in the cabinet
              Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
              I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
              Source - Pinterest
              "

Current treatments:
              -IC diet
              -Elavil 50mg at night
              -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
              -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
              -Pyridium if needed,
              -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
              -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
              -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
              -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
              -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
              -Managing stress= VERY important!
              -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I don't know about the apricots. My daughter can't handle them and she doesn't even like them anyway. But, they do cause problems for me.
                As for the popcorn, microwave popcorn really bothers my daughter. So, we bought a air popper. One that doesn't need oil or anything. Then, since she loves garlic, I put garlic olive oil in a spray bottle and spray the popcorn with it. She loves it. And, it seems to be more healthy than the microwave popcorn.

Heather
                The things kids say!

Comment

You could try canned apricots.

Comment

I can eat a small amount of microwave popcorn, without a problem. As for popcorn at the movies, I flare terribly. I won't touch that again.

Heather, thanks for the tip on the air popped popcorn. I just bought an air-popper and will try the garlic olive oil in a spray bottle.

Lyn
                    grouphug

Comment

I can eat popcorn without a problem, but I make my own (presto popper). That way I can regulate the salt, which seems to bother me (and of course I crave salt). I think preservatives are an irritant too - which are in the fake butter flavor. The fiber in the popcorn is a good bonus though.

I'd personally beware of the dried apricots simply because they usually treat them with preservatives/acid to keep them from spoiling. Unless you dry your own.....

One thing I've learned about this diet, what bothers one may not bother another - and vice versa. AND what doesn't bother me one day may another - and vice versa.

Comment

Hi...I have no problem with microwave popcorn (except diarrhea) and dried fruits don't bother me either. I am with you on the apples tho...I cannot tolerate any kind of apple...just another food to cross offfrom the list of best loved foods... spaghetti sauce, coffe,pizza... Best of luck to you in your quest for new and exciting non painful foods! grouphug
                        Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Comment

Working...
                        X