Bar B Q Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar B Q Question

The lists of bad foods say smoked or bar B Qued chicken or fish are out. Does that just mean the sauces used for that type of cooking is out? In other words, can I cook my meat on the BBQ as long as I just use oil? Or is there something in the coals or wood that hurts some of us?

Hello Terry,
    my husband cooks on the grill the less oil the better for me but when using oil to cook in i can only use the Canola Oil. Everyone is diff. my husband can also use the hickory chips when bbq and it doesnt hurt me either and gives the food a good taste.
    as far as bbq sauce i can use any type of bbq sauce as long as it has the honey type. but i also take two prelief before eating it because of the acid in it.
    please remember Everyone is diff. best of luck to you hon i hope everything works out for you.
    xxxxxooooooo
    grouphug Rhonda
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

My family cooks on the grill a lot. When I'm over, they cook only with a little salt on the meat & that's okay for me I think Dad's grill is gas...

I usually eat white rice with it & more rice than meat. Just habit due to high cholesterol, but don't know if that makes an IC difference.

The diet gives some great guidelines, but it takes trial & error too to figure it out. (I try my food experiments on Saturdays- that way I don't mess up a work night- if my bladder turns out not to like it)

Good luck to you
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

This is the first I have heard of OILS being a problem for those with IC. Is this a common problem for IC patients? I am super sensitive to foods, but have not noticed a difference with oils used. I am only asking because I might want to pay closer attention to this.

Thanks,
        Lyn

Comment

I haven't heard of oils being a problem for IC patients... but I bet that Bev has talked about it in her "Fresh Tastes" column. http://www.ic-network.com/bev/ I can see how peanut oil could be a problem for someone sensitive to peanuts. I'd guess that olive oil would be fine for almost everyone... but as you all said so well earlier... we are all different when it comes to diet! Good luck!

BTW... I can't touch any BBQ sauces. Just thinking of them hurts my bladder.
          Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Working...
          X