Watach Out for Deer Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watach Out for Deer Park

I read on the Bottled Water site that Deer Park had a high PH, but when I tested some it was not the case. I think Deer Park water comes from a number of sources. Maybe someone can check it out. It was a surprise to me and a disappointment. Ratchada

Water is one of those things that can sneak up on you if you don't watch it. Before finding this website, water and acidity levels of it never crossed my mind, and believe me, it really does make a difference. I have had a terrible flare from water.

Jolene
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

I was drinking bottled water for about a year when I came to this site last week. I was thinking, "I already drink bottled water." Gosh, was I ever wrong! I tested my water, and it was acidic. I started drinking EVIAN and I can feel the difference in just two days!!!! Try the evian, really.
      Ellie

Comment

I drink Evian and Aquafina, both are on the alcaline side. I tried Dannon Water and thought I was peeing acid eek

Comment

I got pH strips and here are my findings on my tap water, Evian and Deer Park.

Tap - pH 6.8-7.2
          alkalinity low-medium

Evian - pH 7.8-8.4
          alkalinity high

Deer Park - pH 7.2-7.8
          alkalinity medium

I still want to try Poland Spring and Aquafina. Ireally don't like the taste of Evian, but it definitely has helped.

Hope this helps. Erin
          [email protected]

Comment

If you are super sensitive, you want to get as close to 7.0 (neutral) as possible. 6.5 to 6.7 is about as close as you can get. Like Donna said, you want to make sure you are getting Spring Water and not Drinking Water--which usually comes from a city water supply. There is one brand that comes from the city water supply of Ft. Worth, Texas.

My tap water is fine on pH, but I cannot handle the added chlorine and its high concentration of minerals. Mineral content may be a factor that some people are forgetting. It is also hard to isolate.

I personally had trouble with Sparklet (sp) and Ozarka, among others. Some people may not be as sensitive as I am. Dannon was also a problem. I found a regional water that I can drink without problems. It is Music Mountain. If you want to check some of the bottled spring water in your area, you can call the company and/or you can test it yourself with litmus paper or a pool supply kit.

I have noticed that many of the regional glacier waters are close to neutral. Evian is wonderful for me, but too pricey.

This is an area where you will have to experiment if you believe you are having water related problems. I was getting unexplained burning and finally traced it to the water I was drinking.
            Liz

Comment

Thanks every one for the input, I called my local City water company and they said that the PH level is out city water is 8.2 does that sound to good to be true. Erin I called Aqafina and they siad there PH was between 5.6-7.5 so I am not sure how else to check.

Thanks again

Stacy blink

Comment

Thanks Erin
                Faith, Hope, and Love,
                Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
                Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Use litimus paper or a pool test kit. 7.0 is neutral. The lower the number the more acid, and the higher the number the more alkaline. I found my litimus paper at the pharmacy. Swimming pool supply outlets should still have the pool test kits.
                  Liz

Comment

I got mine at the pet store, near the fish tank supplies.
                    I agree, Evian is expensive, but right now I have been pretty good except for period time. So I'll just work some more hours to pay for my water habit lmao
                    I'll stay on the search though for the perfect water.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Looking around the fish tank supplies is a good idea.

I never dreamed that changing the brand of bottled water that I was drinking would make such a difference. In my situation, it was an instance of putting together the final piece of a puzzle. I must have a super sensitive bladder. I realize this is not as much of a problem for other people.
                      Liz

Comment

Ratchada,

You are right. Deer Park bottles their water at different sources in Pennsylvania and Maryland.

From what I have seen:
                        Pennsylvania sources PH = 5.5 (500 times more acidic than PH = 8.05)
                        Deer Park, Maryland source PH = 8.05

So if the source is not stated Deer Park, Maryland on the bottle, you may want to consider buying something else if you are wanting a higher PH than 5.5.

Some others spoken of in this tread.
                        Evian PH = 7.2
                        Aquafina PH = 7
                        Ozarka PH = 6.56
                        Sparkletts PH = 7.3
                        Poland Spring PH = 6.5

Mike

Comment

All I drink is bottled water, interesting perspective.. we usually buy what is on sale, Dannon or aquafina or Sam's club brand... oops, i also drink peppermint decaff.. thanks for the info.
                          Kelly Anne
                          Kelly Anne

Comment

I'm pretty new at this;just recently diagnosed. Kind of confused about the acid/akaline thing with water. I drink filtered refrigerator water at home but bottled water from a cooler at work and have always noticed that I have more discomfort at work. So I bought some tests strips this morning and tested water brought from home, water from the water cooler and Walmart brand spring water from a gallon container using the fishtank test strips.

Water cooler- tested bright pink (approx 8.4)
                            spring water- tested pale orange (somewhere between 6.2 and 6.8)
                            refrigerator water-med orange (between 6.8 and 7.2)

Am I correct in my thinking that the water cooler water is irritating because of the high akaline content? Or is just that it's not as close to neutral as the other two? According to the chart on the test strips 6.2 is acidic and 8.4 is akaline. I was thinking the lower the number the more acidic so the higher number was safer. Guess I need to bruch up on my high school chemistry!! Any simple clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Comment

Be careful!!!

I just wanted to add my two cents that sometimes it is not just the WATER itself, but other additives.....

for example, Aquafina is NOT spring water, it is filtered city water, and for that reason (much like Dasani) I cannot drink it. (This could be the case with your office water, Carolyn.)

Also, pH can be somewhat decieving. It is not JUST the pH that the product is while it is OUTSIDE your body, its how it is metablolized after you eat/drink it!!! So while pH testing is a good idea, its not the answer as to weather you can tolerate something or not.....the true answer is a trial of the water/food. While pH is a good starting guideline, it doesnt count for allergies or additives.

Hope this helps a bit!!
                              GOod luck.

And just to add my water favorites, I stick to this Mountain Spring Water from Pennsylvania that is more alkaline that poland spring. When I run out of that, or Im out and about, its Poland Spring or Evian.

HUGS!
                              Rachel
                              @[email protected]
                              "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X