X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kadi
    replied
    Hi all,
    I was talking with a nutritionist about the dual challenge of managing the IC diet & high cholesterol & she suggested this recipe (haven't tried it myself yet, but sounds good)-
    Mix 2 T olive or canola oil with 1T pear juice, 1T water, a pinch of salt, and basil.... (She said this would make a good marinade for chicken also, but don't add the salt, til just before grilling)

or she suggested Basil, Oregano, garlic, & olive oil as a dressing..

Bon Apetit!

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    replied
    That does sound good. I also use lemonpepper seasoning. For some reason it doesn't bother me. But I don't use it all the time for fear of triggering a flare.
    I never would have tried it (cause the word lemon in it) but hubby did, I took a bite and got hooked. wink
    But I love olive oil based dressings. My fav is garlic balsamic vinagrette. (Just don't eat it very often.)
    So thanks and I'll try your method!

Leave a comment:

• Alexa
    replied
    Sounds yummy, Pele, I can usually tolerate garlic in small amounts, larger amounts if it's cooked. I like using either olive oil or grapeseed oil with some IC friendly dried herbs, such as oregano.

Alexa

Leave a comment:

• Pele481
    started a topic Salad Dressing

Salad Dressing

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd throw an idea out there. Since for most of us salad dressing is out of the question I came up with my own version of dressing. It is simply olive oil blended with chopped garlic. I say use a blender so no garlic chunks float around. I think the "dressing" has a zingy taste. You have to try different combinations though, like 1 clove for every cup of oil. Im still in the experiemental phase but I have found it taste delicious on salads!! Try it, not much to lose - unless you don't like garlic - or garlic breath!!
Working...
X