Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen48446
    replied
    I never drank caffeinated coffee, I was raised with decaf. If you can't find a low acid coffee (most grocery stores have them you just gotta look for them, or ask a store clerk for help finding them) then try using some Prelief or Tamer (Ph Sciences) granules in it, that helped me. The Tamer ones disolved better than Prelief's do just so you are aware

Leave a comment:

• PenguinK
    replied
    I eat Pepridge Farms Light Style Oatmeal bread. I miss my 12 grain bread, but am afraid it would cause a flare. I can't eat wheat bread.

As for coffee, I'm doing great with the new folger's Stomach soothers decaf coffee. It's great!
    KK

Leave a comment:

• Bea
    replied
    first.. with bread I haven't found any problems.. as far as the coffee.. for me it is the acid and most definitely the caffiene.. one of my very big no no's

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    replied
    I think it is worth a try

Does Caffiene bother us or just the acid part of coffee? I love coffee I don't love the pain

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I can have low acid coffee, but I don't drink more than a cup or two in a morning.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    replied
    I found some good stuff

I actually ate a real meal last night, I have been starving out of fear. I went to a little market in town and really look and found spelt english muffins and Mrs. B's bread. As soon as I got to the car I opened the bread and had some. SOOOOO GOOOOOD. What do you think of the low acid coffee?

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I usually buy local brands of fresh bread (just have wheat, water, salt). Do you have Whole Foods Market or Bread & Circus or Fresh Market near you?

Leave a comment:

• slaston
    replied
    Toast!

Hi Anita,

I just joined. I am an avid ingredient list reader and I have found that in regular stores, Sara Lee and Mrs. Bairds (a Texas brand) are the best. You have to look at the ingredients list in Sara Lee, though, because some of them contain soy flour of vinegar. I also go to Trader Joe's and get their Harvest Bread, which just has flour, baking soda, yeast, salt, and whey. The thing that irritates my bladder most from bread is soy flour. Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Bread?

I dont think I ever heard of anyone flaring from bread unless they had an allergy to wheat or gluten? I eat all kinds of bread but prefer Ezekial Bread from the health food store, or a bread with the least amount of ingredients and no preservatives. Not because I flare from it, I just think its healthier.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• Huntermommy
    replied
    Toast...

I can have any bread with my I.C. problem. I can't have hotdogs though, the preservatives in them put me in tears!!! I eat organic blueberry jelly on my toast and it is great!!! Good luck. I know the frustration not being able to eat something that you really really really want....Hang in there. God Bless

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I can have bread as long as it's not whole wheat. For some reason whole wheat is a problem for me.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Gymmom
    replied
    I use an organic bread. I get it at my local grocery stores. It's Barowsky's Whole Grain Organics Bread. The oat nut is incredible. My kids love it, but at $4.00 a loaf... they have to be really good to get some. I have had no problem with this bread and I have to be very careful due to major flares with most foods. By the way, it makes wonderful toast. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I've never had any flares from eating bread, I usually have a sandwich (wheat bread) at lunch or garlic bread at night. No problems for me. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    replied
    I am in an IC flare

I am trying to get out of a flare and I am very worried about what i eat. I don't have IBS. I am having trouble deciding what is safe to eat and all the problamatic stuff I can't have I REALLY REALLY WANT IT. I would love a hotdog with mustard and relish. I want to get this pain to go away and I am scared I will make the wrong choices. A good bread would be lovely. I am waiting for my cookbooks to come in.

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    Have you tried speldt bread? It makes great toast and is IC safe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X