X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anitadenise
    replied
    Dasani

As soon as I looked at the bottle I knew it had to be that Dasini..just a gut feeling. As soon As i put two and two together I stopped that bottle and went back to poland springs. i can't drink the tap here it has lots of Arsenic (new hamshire problem ) and chlorine and it doesn't look right.

Leave a comment:

• mich2604
    replied
    I vote for the Dasani, took me a while to figure out why i would flare when i ate at chickfila and sometimes i wouldnt, found out it was the dasani.

try not to try many things at once, i know its tough, but its the only way you can figure out what hurts your bladder.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Dasani water makes me flare and burn... I stay away from any bottled water that has added minerals to it.. and if you look most even have potassium in them...and thats baddddddd..

Oh btw I drink Aquafina it has never made me flare or burn..

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you're drinking Dasani, that would be my guess. If I drink bottled water I look for spring water with no additives.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    My money is on the Cherrios. If I can recall correctly, they have a fair amount of Potassium in them.

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    replied
    i took everything said

Thanks everyone I made a list of all the acids..ect that you all said. it is now on the fridge with all the other no no's.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Yes, but read the package label. Good & Plenty are artificially colored & I'd bet money it had citric acid in it as a preservative.

If you like black licorice, Panda brand is a good one, no preservatives. Jill also has some "safer" candies for sale in the ICN shop.

I'm sorry. I remember having those same frustrations. I remember seeing "tortillas" on the "usually ok" list, eating just one & being sick for 3 days. When I read the label, I saw that this innocent looking tortilla had citric, sorbic & malic acid in it. Mystery solved. Geez.

One of the most important things you can do for your IC healing is become a label reader!

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    replied
    but it said...

Licorice is in the yellow on th diet sheet , i thought it was ok.......Sugar is in the yellow. i guess maybe it was artificially flavored?

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Funny how we're all so different.
    Dasani, Fiji & Evian waters flare me.
    I'm ok with Aquafina, Crystal Geyser, Arrowhead.

Most IC patients are ok with Evian. And most IC patients are ok with milk.

Take a look at the IC diet in the Patient Handbook. I started out eating only out of the left hand "usually ok" column & eventually tested out the middle column foods one at a time after my bladder calmed down.

Become a label reader! It's astonishing the amount of acidic preservatives Americans put into their food. It really helped me to eliminate all foods with: citric, sorbic, malic, ascorbic acids, BHA & BHT, red dyes.

Hoping you feel better soon!
    The hardest part is figuring out what works for you. Life gets a lot better after that.

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    Candy and milk are very bad for me - so is sugar and salt. I would say what you ate it was daring as anything I would venture. Have you seen "List 1" in terms of diet "no no's". Feel better!!!
    Oh - Fuji water is good for me.

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    replied
    I just realized...

i also noticed i was drinking Dasani water all day ( has enhanced minerals) I got a huge one last night . i can't believe i have to worry about water too. well i will avoid Cherrios and good and plenty. thanks Everyone. I'll get the hang of it eventually. Less that 24hrs to my first appointment. i hope I don't have my hopes set to high. For the past 48 hours I am measuring my input and output. I have tests and ultrsounds.
    Thanks my new friends
    Anita

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    My guess is the candy, definately!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Cheerios have added vitamins & minerals & the preservative BHA or BHT. I can't eat them without a flareup. Instead I buy Oatios at the health food store, which do not have the preservatives or the added vitamins.

You might look at the wrapper of the Good & Plenties - see if there are artificial colors or flavors or citric acid. Most candies have those, which can bother IC. If I want licorice, I usually get Panda brand black licorice.

Hope you feel better soon!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I'm still new to the diet but I would say that it's not the kettle corn because there is nothing in that to irriate your bladder. I would guess either the cherrios or the candy. Cherrios has some preservatives in it I'm sure like just about all other non organic cererals out there. The candy could have done it w/ the artificial coloring or something else in the candy.

Leave a comment:

• anitadenise
    started a topic What did i do wrong?

What did i do wrong?

I have been doing great for days.....Something has gone wrong PLEASE give me opinions on this:
    At 2pm Sunday today I started having terrible pain, i have followed the Ic diet
    What could it be
    Home made kettle Corn at 1pm Sunday. ( Popping corn, Vegi oil, sugar and salt)
    at 5 am Sunday morning I had Cheerios and milk
    or Good and plenty licore i had Saturday at 8pm

i am scared to make the same mistake again any experience here would be so appreciated
    Anita
Working...
X