No announcement yet.

Drink Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am able to drink GingerAle with out a prob (only CanadaDry brand though). Also, Gatorade (sp?) the sports drink sits fine with me.

Medical "Issues":
    IC
    GERD
    Tachycardia(resting rate is 125-130 )
    Medicastions:
    Tramadol-as needed (IC)-50mg
    Elmiron 200mg twice a day
    Levsin .125mg 1-2 pills 4 times a day

Comment

if you have a juicer maybe veggie juice with carrots, celery, a little gala apple juice, blueberry, pear or/and pumpkins. You can juice just about anything. maybe some flavors in water like coconut flavor or butterscotch you can get flavors at whole foods
      not yet dx with ic-diagnosing myself as of aug 2006
      diagnosed ic-october 5 2006(huh just what I thought)

Charcoal
      cod liver oil (for vitamins a and d)
      bladder is not getting worse but maybe better
      diagnosed ibs-september 27, 2006
      don't know if it's ibs or some other underlining condition. hair loss, weight loss, constipation
      all this even though I eat.
      Mercury toxicity with Candida Albicans
      Realy toxic and sick
      Dental almagams removal and chelation for heavy metal toxins and candida cleansing as soon as fillings are out
      had catscan, ultrasound, colonoscopy
      Matthew 21 verse 22: jesus quotes"and all the things you ask in prayer, having faith, you will receive."

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Comment

Water, water, water, and more water.... and the occasional vanilla milkshake (never had any appeal to me before IC, but now I love them).

I also just discovered white tea, which is the least acidic and has the least caffeine of the three basic tea colors: black, green, and white. It's also (naturally) the most rare and, therefore, expensive. I love the taste, which is very subtle, almost sweet, and almost creamy (obviously, hard to describe!) but I also think it's probably more IC friendly than other real (as opposed to herbal or fruit) teas. I say that bc. I can usually tolerate black or green tea with a lot of prelief, but I can drink the white tea without prelief. Well, I am only a sample of one, but that's my experience.

Just remember when you're chugging down your water -- we're all in it together!
        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I drink alot of Sprite! It is caffeine free and it does not bother me at all. Thank the Lord, but I too am getting tired of water and sprite... I am glad I read the other ideas on here... Thanks for sharing...

Comment

A million thanks for all the ideas.
            The happiest people don't neccessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes their way!!

Meds:
            IC: Elmiron, Tofranil, Hydroxyzine, Prosed DS, stool softener
            UC: Asacol

Comment

I can tolerate about 8 oz. of low acid OJ a day. Not a lot of ICers can handle even low acid OJ but I tried some and didn't have any problems. It has been a real treat for me and its a good way for me to get vitamin C.
              Janelle
              I am a soul whose intentions are good.
              Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinD
                A million thanks for all the ideas.

Ditto!

*grins*
                Darlene

Comment

Thanks for the Root Beer Idea... I went to town and bought a 2 liter of it and tried it, the A&W brand and guess what???? It didn't hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THanks, it has been over a year since I have drank anything other than water and sprite... This was a real treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I keep a bottle of AlkaLife in my purse - this increases the ph in water. So when I go to a restaurant, where the water is usually pretty acidic, I can get it to neutral with just a few drops. Then I squeeze just a few drops from the lemon that comes with the water and sweeten with a pack or two of splenda (I'm diabetic, you can use sugar).

There was a time I couldn't tolerate even a few drops of lemon, but I'm doing better now and tolerate this far better than any other drink they serve in a restaurant.

Comment

Working...
                    X