Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judyblue
    replied
    I keep a bottle of AlkaLife in my purse - this increases the ph in water. So when I go to a restaurant, where the water is usually pretty acidic, I can get it to neutral with just a few drops. Then I squeeze just a few drops from the lemon that comes with the water and sweeten with a pack or two of splenda (I'm diabetic, you can use sugar).

There was a time I couldn't tolerate even a few drops of lemon, but I'm doing better now and tolerate this far better than any other drink they serve in a restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• Huntermommy
    replied
    Thanks for the Root Beer Idea... I went to town and bought a 2 liter of it and tried it, the A&W brand and guess what???? It didn't hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THanks, it has been over a year since I have drank anything other than water and sprite... This was a real treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Momelf
    replied
    Originally posted by RobinD
    A million thanks for all the ideas.

Ditto!

*grins*
    Darlene

Leave a comment:

• janelle77362
    replied
    I can tolerate about 8 oz. of low acid OJ a day. Not a lot of ICers can handle even low acid OJ but I tried some and didn't have any problems. It has been a real treat for me and its a good way for me to get vitamin C.

Leave a comment:

• RobinD
    replied
    A million thanks for all the ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Huntermommy
    replied
    I drink alot of Sprite! It is caffeine free and it does not bother me at all. Thank the Lord, but I too am getting tired of water and sprite... I am glad I read the other ideas on here... Thanks for sharing...

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Water, water, water, and more water.... and the occasional vanilla milkshake (never had any appeal to me before IC, but now I love them).

I also just discovered white tea, which is the least acidic and has the least caffeine of the three basic tea colors: black, green, and white. It's also (naturally) the most rare and, therefore, expensive. I love the taste, which is very subtle, almost sweet, and almost creamy (obviously, hard to describe!) but I also think it's probably more IC friendly than other real (as opposed to herbal or fruit) teas. I say that bc. I can usually tolerate black or green tea with a lot of prelief, but I can drink the white tea without prelief. Well, I am only a sample of one, but that's my experience.

Just remember when you're chugging down your water -- we're all in it together!

Leave a comment:

• tabasco32
    replied
    if you have a juicer maybe veggie juice with carrots, celery, a little gala apple juice, blueberry, pear or/and pumpkins. You can juice just about anything. maybe some flavors in water like coconut flavor or butterscotch you can get flavors at whole foods

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    I am able to drink GingerAle with out a prob (only CanadaDry brand though). Also, Gatorade (sp?) the sports drink sits fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    I found it at a store that's part of a local grocery store chain. They have a few more unusual items than the chain stores around here (Giant Eagle, etc).

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    I love almond milk. It's so good. I also love vanilla soy milk. Why is soy not good for us? I have been wondering about that for a while because it seems like soy lechin is in everything. Milk shakes are a nice idea for a cold drink. I usually get vanilla, but there are many icecreams we can have. There's Blueberry cheesecake, Pumpkin, Creme Brulee, Peppermint and more.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    I drink teeccino in moderation. The website is: www.teeccino.com.au

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I actually use the peppermint tea to make iced tea with and it's really good. The last time I had it though I think I had too much in a short period of time and I think it make me flare though it usually doesn't. If you have it in moderation though it sound be fine and it's really yummy. Hope you find something you like. I get like that once in awhile too but for the most part I have just gotten used to drinking the water.

Leave a comment:

• RobinD
    replied
    Mellita Coffee

Pingpong-where do I find this, Haven't heard of it before

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I drink a lot of Tropicana Strawberry Melon. It has 5% fruit juice (pear) and a little citric acid. I can usually handle it though as long as I only drink it every other day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X