Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein

I am re-introducing things into my diet and wanted to know if anyone on this forum uses Protein Powder for a source of protein. I am lactos intolerant and besides, I hate cheese. I don't want to only resort to meats and eggs. Looking for other ideas for Breakfast so thought I'd try a protein drink.
    I went to Trader Joes and bought "Women's Protein" by Designer Whey.
    But before I 'dive in' thought I'd ask what you all think.

Appreciate your opinions and experiences....

Linda
    Pray for a cure, strength and courage..He is listening..always. He is faithful always. He answered my cry for help as I am in remission. Praise be to God :butterfly

HI! I had gastric bypass surgery so I rely on Whey Protein powder for part of my protein each day. I add a scoop of it to my low fat, low sugar yogurt that I have for breakfast each day. I like the peach yogurt because it's not so sweet. The Protein powder I buy gives you 24 grams of protein per scoop and it's low in sugar and fat. If you are interested in brand name write me.
    Good luck.......Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Working...
    X