I can't stop eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stop eating

I'm craving things that are SO bad for my bladder, like REAL coke, no diet anything here, just the "Real" Thing. I crave fish, which is odd since Jen's epidose with the e.coli from the raw fish. I want cooked fish thank you! I want fried, salty things, I just really could eat the entire pantry out. I've pretty much granted those cravings the past few days too, thanks to the prednisone. I honestly just can't get full.

This is a terrible side effect! It's going to go straight to my hips and straight to my bladder, but I CAN'T MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOP!

How does anyone have self control on a drug that makes you SO darn hungry? I usually am pretty good about eating things from the IC diet...but not right now. I keep telling myself I'm setting myself up for the flare of all flares, but I can't help it!

Kinda hating myself on this prednisone.......and my bladder is soon to hate me too!
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

is this where we say thank you to the predisone? I am sorry you are craving all these not ic friendly foods.. I did the samething on it..
    sending you hugs
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I'm doing terrible on the diet lately too. My mom got me a small box of chocolates for v-day so I just had to eat them!!! Then of course today I start to feel icky from eating them, and the only thing that makes me feel better when I flare is MORE FOOD!!! Why is that? It's driving me nutty!

Comment

Sandy, sounds like you are describing ME every time I've been on prednisone... I crave things, and then get irrationally mad if we don't have any of whatever I crave. Yet, I still have not figured out a way to control myself when on it, and my hubby always tells me that since it's just a few days, don't bother to try, because I get so angry when I feel deprived on it....I always tell him it is good practice for when I am pregnant someday, all that running out to get me milkshakes at 10pm
        Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
        *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
        *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
        *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Elavil is what sends me into those cravings for sweets. I try not to buy much sweets at my house especially since my sons are away at college, but my hubby still likes to have cookies and such around the house so I buy things that I don't like. I have been known when we don't have anything sweet to fix myself a butter and sugar sandwich just so I can have something sweet! It's horrible to be so out of control with my food. And with this broken foot, I can't get out and walk not that I would anyway since it's so cold. My bladder really gets unhappy when it's cold!

My son is getting married in 92 days, so I am trying my best to get ready for those pictures! I have probably gained 20 pounds since I broke my foot. Hopefully I will be out of this brace by the end of the month. My sweet husband trying to be supportive but as most of us women know there are times that things just don't come out right! I was trying to find a pair of jeans that I could fit into the other day and he just said the wrong thing and made me snap (just a little). Then he said that I could go buy some new jeans. I was like don't you dare go there....

I also have all these cute summer clothes that I have to be able to fit into. I bought so many things on sale last year to wear this spring/summer.

Please someone...come up with a miracle!!!

Comment

My gastro wants me to do a month-long (or maybe longer) round of prednisone for colitis. I keep putting it off because of this exact reason. Using Elavil increased my cravings, I caved and put on 20 lbs. It finally leveled out and I accepted that I would have to live with it or work hard and get it off. I'm so afraid a month or so of pred. will drastically increase that weight gain. When I developed IC, I was very overweight. I lost 50-60 lbs the first 9 months of following a very healthy IC diet (shows how bad my former eating habits were). I don't want to go back to that unhealthy place again. So I keep trying to gain control of my colitis through other methods, but don't know how much longer I can hold out. Please let us know if you find any tricks to curb the voracious pred. appetite!
            Annie

IC
            Ulcerative Colitis and IBS
            Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

Comment

Working...
            X