Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trishann
    replied
    Claudia thank you for the encouraging words, thank you for the support. I need all the support I can get. I know this might be something little for someone else but thank you for realizing this is something major for me even though I am slowing making progress in it. It just really means alot to me.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Thanks, Trishann. I just think it's great that you are making the effort. Whether it's five minutes or an hour and five minutes, the hard part is getting started. Hopefully you will be able to continue and add on as you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Erika that is one thing that I know that helps afterward is a warm bath. You are definitely right about that one.

Catorade I never thought of it. I can't try to many things at once, so if the flaxseed oil don't work after sometime, I might try the catorade. Or first I want to do the flaxseed oil and then maybe bring in the catorade slowly.

I can do the walking too. Thay have a walking track inside. I will have to give this a try and see what happens. Thank you for the input.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    topcop, The only exercise I have been able to do so far is the walking track, threadmill, and one of the eliptical which I can only do for 5 minumtes. I just started into this workout. I am slow at it but I am working myself up, that is why it puzzle me when I was having trouble. I am not doing a full workout, but at least I am trying something, just hope I can continue with it.

Claudia and Lovely, I hope you can find a way to work around it too. Lovely, the 15 minute thing about the bathroom if you drink alot of water, I understand the frustrating of it. The good thing is that the bathroom is right next to the exercise room, so this is not a problem with me.

Georgia, I hope things work out for you too and hope everything turn out ok for you. Thank you so much for your prayers. I know prayers is what going to see me through this situation.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    This is odd, but I'll tell you anyways...1 banana OR a gatorade (note high potassium!) helps ME becuase my muscles get energy and less lactic acid. If that is intolerable a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese will also release carbs slowly to sustain you during the workout. Also taking a warm bath after helps, it relaxes muscles and relaxes the urethra...GOOD LUCK!

Erika

P.S-If you are ever sore when you wake up from exercise, always walk for 10-15 minutes to help the body "carry away" the lactic acid...When Im sore my bladder always hurts until I walk.

Leave a comment:

• lovely330
    replied
    i'm sorry that you are having that problem! exercising is hard enough without having to deal with ic issues!! my problem is that whenever i drink alot of water when i work out i have to stop like every 15 minutes to go to the bathroom. lately i just havent been drinking anything at all...it helps but i know its bad for me. ugh, so frustrating!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Bill thank you for the information. My medication is the major contributing factor of this problem and there is no way of getting off of it.
    You and Aprilmae both said that it could be the acid thing. That does make sense and I am hoping to work around it too. Water I will be drinking more and I just started the flaxseed oil, hoping it will make a different. My daughter goes with me and keep an eye on my face to make sure it is not turning red. If my face turn red I have to immediately stop because I am getting into serious problems and then I'm in the danger zone.

Any thing I do will take alot of effort, patience, and helpful tips to make this happen and thank you for the helpful tips.

Truly appreciate it, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Georgia L
    replied
    I have the same problem. I will pray for us to find an answer!

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    I don't sweat much when I work out either, but I've been like that my whole life. I also turn VERY red...so much that when I was younger and competing in track/ cross country, people would think I was suffering from heat stroke.

Could it be the type of exercise you are doing? I don't know, just grasping at straws...but maybe you are doing something that is jarring or irritating your bladder and urethra??

Good luck figuring this out! It's great that you have the energy and motivation to work out!!

Leave a comment:

• UCSB
    replied
    Trishann ... if you are not sweating when you exercise, then that is a sign that you are dehydrated. Increase your fluid intake immediately. Take dehydration seriously, it can really make you feel miserable. Water intake is your best friend when you are working out. I am not sure if your medications may also be contributing to this problem.

On the burning ... if you are not in condition and your are working out, your muscles will build up lactic acid. This exercise by-product will be excreted in your urine and will cause burning. Once you are looking for this, it will be pretty obvious because there will be a very specific pattern of working out then burning. Then tapering off. If this is your problem, the best way to handle it is to warm up and COOL DOWN. Especially, cool down at the end of your workout ... ie. keep working out, but under no stress for five minutes or more. Also ease back on your workouts until the burning stops and slowly build your workouts back up from that point. The lactic acid problems will go away as your conditioning improves ... perhaps in the two to four week range. If you are trying to excrete lactic acid, help your system by drinking water this will help buffer the substance a little and speed up the process of recovery.

Good luck.
    Last edited by UCSB; 02-26-2007, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Thank you ladies for your input. I haven't gave up yet, gonna try different things and see what will happens. Trying flaxseed oil next week to see if it will help for the dryness. I hope I can continue to do the exercise.

Thank you all, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I wonder if when you exercise the pelvic floor, if that causes the burning sensation?

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I wish I had an answer for you.

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    I read somewhere on here (wish I could remember where) that when you first start exercising your bladder will rebel because of the acid released during exercise but that eventually your body gets used to it.

Leave a comment:

• irishnan3
    replied
    Trishann:
    I seem to flare every time I exercise????? I also get pain in the kidney area and bladder. Even if I just walk a lot. I think I did read somewhere that exercisr can cause burning or pain??? Does anyone else know anything about this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X