X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmarie
    replied
    blueberries

Just wanted to let you know that you do not have to wait until summer to make the blueberry crisp. I bought a bag of frozen blueberries to make the recipe and it was sooooo delicious. I served it with Breyers double churned extra creamy vanilla ice cream!!!!!! You have to try this!

Dawn

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Oh, wow-those sound great! Am printing the recipes right now!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    They both sound good to me, I'll have to try the blueberry crisp this summer when they are actually in season and I can get them at market for a good price

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    the blueberry crisp sounds so yummy... I am not a sweet potatoe fan but one who is should make them

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    started a topic New YUMMY Recipes!

New YUMMY Recipes!

I just had dinner at my mom's. She keeps the IC diet sheet on the counter as she cooks. She is soooo wonderful. She roasted a chicken, steamed broccoli, and made garlic mashed potatoes sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. I decided to make sweet potato and pear casserole and blueberry cobbler for dessert. I just had to share the recipes:

Sweet Potato and Pear Casserole:
    8 to 10 medium sweet potatoes, fresh or canned (I used 1 extra large can)
    1 29 oz can pear halves, drained
    1 c maple syrup (I use pure maple syrup)
    1/2 c butter
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

If potatoes are canned, drain. If fresh, cook in boiling salted water until tender. Peel, slice as desired. Combine butter, syrup, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil on the stove. Arrange pears and sweet potatoes in a 13 x 9 inch greased casserole dish. Pour syrup mixture over all. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes, basting several times with syrup in casserole.

Blueberry Crisp:
    4 c blueberries (fresh or thawed, if frozen)
    1/3 c granulated sugar
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    4 tbsp butter
    1/3 c firmly packed brown sugar
    1/3 c sifted flour
    3/4 c quick cooking oats, uncooked
    2 tsp grated lemon zest ( I omitted that)

Put blueberries in 1 1/2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and lemon zest. Cream butter. Gradually add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cream well. Blend in oats and flour with a fork. Spread flour mixture over blueberries. Bake at 375, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

ENJOY!!!!!
    Dawn
Working...
X