salad spritzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salad spritzer?

I just bought a salad spritzer from Wishbone. I bought the Italian dressing. I was thinking that if I only used one spritz over an entire salad, it might be just enough to give it some taste but not enough to irritate my bladder. Has anyone tried these with any success? I am so hungry for a salad and I did not care for the taste of the cottage cheese in a blender suggestion. I also purchased one of the fancy garlic oils from the ICN shop but I did not like that either. Any other suggestions?

Dawn

I like this stuff!! Since I am able to control how much is on my salad it doesn't bother me. I love salads so I was very happy to find this in the store!

Comment

aprilmae, what flavor dressing did you get? Thanks

Comment

Gayle,

I got the italian. Want to try one of the other flavors now.

April

Comment

thanks

Thanks April! I think I'm going to try it.....it is ridiculous to get this anxious about eating. I really have developed food phobia!!!! Wish me luck!

Dawn

Comment

Not crazy at all - I think we all have food phobia. Take some prelief before if you are nervous or a couple of tums.

Comment

I use the balsalmic vinegar/italian spritzer and it's great! Doesn't bother me at all, but I'm sure it would if I used it in big amounts!
              *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
              *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
              *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

The best thing so far that I have discovered to put on my salad that doesn't bother me, is I put some Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a dish and add some chopped garlic and some basil and Kosher Salt..I keep it on my counter and I use it on everything! I love it..

Kari
                Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

I use Marie's Lite Creamy Ranch. No preservatives. I put 1/2tsp on the side of my salad & just dip my fork in it before each bite.

I also have mixed pear juice & canola oil together with a sprinkle of basil & garlic. Voila! Fruity salad dressing which is very good on baby greens or spinach salad.
                  Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                  I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                  Source - Pinterest
                  "

Current treatments:
                  -IC diet
                  -Elavil 50mg at night
                  -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                  -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                  -Pyridium if needed,
                  -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                  -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                  -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                  -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                  -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                  -Managing stress= VERY important!
                  -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I love the spritzers. They are much healthier, and only a few squirts is enough to cover the salad, so you don't end up having soggy salad. This is my favorite dressing (Besides Ranch dressing, which I cannot have)

Comment

I have tried homemade Ceasar dressing leave out the Lemon juice of course. I just keep it on the side and dip litely. I keep it minimal it's like having a treat. Most time I just use flavored Oliver oil. But that sure gets old.
                      Endometriosis,Fibromyalgia, Severe Adhesions-
                      3 c-sections, Particial Hysterecotmy,Laporoscopy for cysts, Appendectomy, R-ovary removed, IBS, Acid Reflux, Asthma, and the worst of all IC

Patty

Comment

ceasar dressing

Just wondering if I could have the recipe you use for the ceasar dressing? I'd love to try it. Thanks!

Dawn

Comment

salad dressing

I make a "dressing" in my food processor using almond milk, sesame oil (teeny tiny bit, it's strong!), Trader Joe's Feta cheese (vegetarian-friendly), dill, celery salt, roasted garlic and fresh basil. It's like a ranch dressing, but no vinegars or preservatives. You can make it as runny or thick as you like. It's really delicious and IC-friendly!

Comment

Oh, loogirl, your dressing sounds great. I've found that I really like salad with a splash of olive oil and a dash of sea salt. I also sprinkle flax seed on my salad which gives it a nutty crunch. Yum!
                            mom_in_ma

Comment

recipe

dmarie
                              Here is the Ceaser dressing recipe:
                              1 clove garlic, (i use garlic powder)
                              1/3 cup olive oil (I use a bit more then that)

1/2 -1 teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce (I'm ok with this, it a maybe for some)
                              1/2 teapoon sea salt
                              1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
                              1/8 teaspoon black pepper (if you can take it.)
                              1 coddled egg
                              1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

I cover the bottom of the bowl with garlic powder, i neve really measure.
                              Add oil, Worcestertershire sauce, salt dry mustard. and pepper ( I go very lite on the pepper) mix throughly
                              throw in egg and again mix throughly.If using all at once mix in the Parm Cheese. If not just add chees to individual salads.
                              Hope it works for you. I still use spareing .
                              Endometriosis,Fibromyalgia, Severe Adhesions-
                              3 c-sections, Particial Hysterecotmy,Laporoscopy for cysts, Appendectomy, R-ovary removed, IBS, Acid Reflux, Asthma, and the worst of all IC

Patty

Comment

Working...
                              X