Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea fdor another recipie book-what do u think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea fdor another recipie book-what do u think?

Hi:

I had an idea I wanted to run past you.

I like Bev's cookbook, but I read "Kitchen Confidential" by a chef and they use more exotic ingredients. There must be other IC recipies with things combined we never thought of. I was thinking we could ask chefs to come up with great recipies in association with this group, then put it together and pitch an article to the local food critical. I am a PR and Marketing professional for I know how to do this. The restaurants get publicity and expose and we get more possibilities. This would mean that after I do a test run after august is my timeline we could do this with the local recipies. Maybe someone could come up with a dressing and a sub. for mayo on dressings.
    IC for 10 years
    Comorbid vulvulitis, depression,
    Happily married
    Lucky to have this forum
    I feel your pain (in more ways than one)
    What I miss most: fruit and eating normally

I like that idea. I could write the Take Home Chef....mmmmmmmm LOL! Seriously, I might actually write him and see if he has some examples for him. I love his TV show on TLC and get lots of new idea of things I CAN'T eat from him, so maybe he'd be willing to help us learn some things we CAN eat! Is that along the lines of what you were thinking or do you mean a local Chef at a restaurant?
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyRN
      I like that idea. I could write the Take Home Chef....mmmmmmmm LOL! Seriously, I might actually write him and see if he has some examples for him. I love his TV show on TLC and get lots of new idea of things I CAN'T eat from him, so maybe he'd be willing to help us learn some things we CAN eat! Is that along the lines of what you were thinking or do you mean a local Chef at a restaurant?
      We can send it to anyone! There is a spice plaze near my homs--a big one--maybe they have ideas about using spices for more flavor. We can do anything.

I have some contacts, all we have to do is get the name of some agents.
      IC for 10 years
      Comorbid vulvulitis, depression,
      Happily married
      Lucky to have this forum
      I feel your pain (in more ways than one)
      What I miss most: fruit and eating normally

Comment

Mild diet recipes

fantastic idea. Maybe you could get them interested as a CHALLENGE for creating a palatable mild diet. There's lots of people with all sorts of conditions that must eliminate strong acids and spices. IC, IBS, Acid reflux, ulcers, uh, it's also a diet for invalids,,,,

good luck!

Originally posted by RandiBPD
        Hi:

I had an idea I wanted to run past you.

I like Bev's cookbook, but I read "Kitchen Confidential" by a chef and they use more exotic ingredients. There must be other IC recipies with things combined we never thought of. I was thinking we could ask chefs to come up with great recipies in association with this group, then put it together and pitch an article to the local food critical. I am a PR and Marketing professional for I know how to do this. The restaurants get publicity and expose and we get more possibilities. This would mean that after I do a test run after august is my timeline we could do this with the local recipies. Maybe someone could come up with a dressing and a sub. for mayo on dressings.

Comment

I think it would be good to have a cookbook that deals with ic, ibs, candida, vv, and common food alergies. because having to go to nutritionist and all that is EXPENSIVE all the time. there are millions of different choices of food out there but where to look? We also need a book where we can use dietary supplement that give us our vitamin intake instead of taking synthetic and which foods give us what vitamins and such that won't hurt us. I know everyone is different but just a little, not a lot.
          not yet dx with ic-diagnosing myself as of aug 2006
          diagnosed ic-october 5 2006(huh just what I thought)

Charcoal
          cod liver oil (for vitamins a and d)
          bladder is not getting worse but maybe better
          diagnosed ibs-september 27, 2006
          don't know if it's ibs or some other underlining condition. hair loss, weight loss, constipation
          all this even though I eat.
          Mercury toxicity with Candida Albicans
          Realy toxic and sick
          Dental almagams removal and chelation for heavy metal toxins and candida cleansing as soon as fillings are out
          had catscan, ultrasound, colonoscopy
          Matthew 21 verse 22: jesus quotes"and all the things you ask in prayer, having faith, you will receive."

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Comment

Working...
          X