Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the trouble ingredients that we are looking for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracey,

You truly ARE an angel. Thank you for the lengthly post with your food ideas. Very, very helpful.

I've been having a hard time figuring out what I can and cannot have....today I found out that Sunkist Almond Accents are something that hurt bad!!!! After reading this thread, I went back and reread the ingredients. My gosh, it's got MSG, citric acid, parmesan cheese (probably the bad kind) and vinegar! What made me think I could get away with eating this! NOT!!!! Guess I'm having another wake up call.

I've got to get cooking up some IC appropriate foods, so when I get the urge for something new and exciting, it isn't going to hurt me. Best to be prepared.

Hugs,
    Darlene

Comment

I noticed someone asked about soy lecithin. Soy lecithin is found in soybean oil (aka soy oil) and I find it and soybean oil to be okay. The thing that triggers me is soy protein, found in soy flour, tofu, and almost everything else that has soy in the name. I don't know if it's because of the phyto estrogens or something else. I remember hearing that part of it converts to MSG when digested? Probably just some rumor I heard. Hope this helps.

Comment

Soy lecithin hasn't been a problem for me, and I can have very small amounts of soy sauce, say, with sushi. I try to avoid most other soy products, though. I can tolerate most of the "bad" foods, but the things that get me, really get me. Artificial sweeteners are the worst - the nurse at my regular doctor's visit yesterday said aspartame in particular is horrible for people's stomachs, too. I also don't react well to any sort of artificial food coloring. Preservatives don't bother me as much, but I try to avoid them anyway. With the exception of soy, a lot of things I can't have is stuff I already avoided anyway on principle.

Comment

traceann,
          Thank you so much, I can't wait to try some of your things you mentioned. What is your recipe for fettuchini alfredo? how do you do it?
          Just taking it one day at a time....

Comment

Working...
          X