• Show
Clear All

• jessabella
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• tabasco32
    replied
    trader joe's has trader o's that don't contain vitamins and minerals also rice krispie cereal from erwens brand. puffins honey rice cereal as well. warm cereal like buckwheat is good for this cold weather with milk and allspice and honey or stevia which I use.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Oh I love oatmeal, I eat Quaker Raisin and Spice every morning and yes it helps if you are taking pain meds that make you where you cant go...

Leave a comment:

• DaniBelle
    replied
    I think Oatmeal is a great choice...

because, 1.It's very good for you....lowers Cholesterol (if you have a problem with HChol)2. It gives you a good deal of fiber which we all need, esp. since the pain meds 'stop us up'. 3. You can add fruit to it, i.e. fresh blueberries (frozen too, but they make it very runny), pear bits and whatever other fruit you can tolerate and...4. It's pretty cheap compared to those boxed cereals. I love the low sugar apple cinnamon (Quaker). I eat two packages (makes one big bowlful) and haven't had a problem with it, I.C.-wise....but I would think the plain kind (that you have to actually cook..ugh! is best).

Leave a comment:

• Huntermommy
    replied
    cereals that I can eat

hey there... I have I.C. and I have found that I can have the malt o meal brand of frosted flakes, raisin brand, and honey nut cheerios... Good luck..

Leave a comment:

• Eccles
    replied
    Real porridge/oatmeal (the sort that takes about 10-15 minutes to cook with lots of stirring), made with water or milk & unsweetened, seems to soothe my bladder. Hope you find one that you can eat.

Leave a comment:

• windwalker
    replied
    I eat trader joes brown sugar shredded wheat, kashi autumn wheat, barbaras peanut butter puffins, mothers toasted oat bran, theres a graham cracker tasting cereal from mothers too but I dont have the name off hand.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I can't eat any of those cereals. The added minerals & vitamins or BHA/BHT preservatives kick my IC into high gear.

At Trader Joe's I get the plain Shredded Wheat
    At Whole Foods, I get Barbara's Shredded Wheat, Nature's Path Honey'd Corn Flakes, New Morning Oatios.

At Safeway, I get plain Quaker Oats in the canister.

Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• tbn
    replied
    I basically live off of Cheerios, Special K (vanilla almond), and Gorilla Munch; occasionally I eat Mini Wheats.

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    I can eat pretty much any cereal, too. If you are having trouble with it, there are some more popular ones now that make organic varieties...maybe you could try one of those and see how it works.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I don't know if its okay for most IC patients or not, but I can eat about any kind of cereal. Been eating a lot of it lately (trying the whole diet thing ) and none of it has bothered me. I eat mainly Cheerios, Lucky Charms and Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds. I stay away from any kind of chocolate cereal.

Leave a comment:

• jessabella
    started a topic IC Friendly Cereal

IC Friendly Cereal

Can anyone recommend a brand of cereal that is IC friendly.
Working...
X