Acid & Spices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acid & Spices

I've been on the IC diet for over two years now and it's helped me a GREAT deal. Lately, though, I've found that even the slightest bit of acid will set me into a flare.
    Today I'm in a black pepper flare! I've never had a problem with it before.

Is there any way to keep our acid at the same tolerence as before, or will it continue to go down?

23, symptoms for 9 years, severe for 7.5. Diagnosed for 6.

Very interesting question. I don't have a problem with spices right now...have you tried the prelief (or tums or something similar) before every meal? That might help a bit..

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
    ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
    back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

I'm with Claudia on that one - other than that I say good question as well!
      Hugs,
      Tracey
      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
      IC dx'd Nov 2004
      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
      Possible IBS
      Current IC Meds
      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
      Previous IC Meds taken:
      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day