Cereal??? Whats the deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cereal??? Whats the deal?

Cheerios, honey nut, Kashi go lean crunch, is any cereal okay to eat?

I would like to know the same thing. I tried Barbara's Bakery Puffins Original Yesterday. I am in phase 1 of the diet. It's made of corn with no preservatives.

The ingredients seem inert to me, but maybe the unsulphured molasses.

I had a slight flare last night with frequency and feeling like I need to pee even right after I did.

but, I also had honey/buckwheat pancakes for dinner.

I think the symptoms were prompted by trying to have a BM yesterday afternoon. Always seems to make it worse.
    Sonja

Dx: Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy/Congestive Heart Failure-1997, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2006, IC-Feb 2007, Atrophic Vaginitis 08, Heavy Long and Painful Periods leading to Partial Hysterectomy-2007, Rectal Fissure-2007, Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion-2008, Post-Menopausal-2010

Meds: Coreg, Elmiron, Elestrin, Est/Test Topical Gel, Valium Suppositories, Lyrica, Dyrenium to counteract edema from Lyrica, Pain Meds.

IC Diet: Very diet sensitive, esp. to spices.

Comment

puffins not a good choice. It hurt me. Do you have a trader joes. They have a few cereals like trader o's and such no vitamins or preservatives. whole foods has envirokids gorilla munch crunch, and many cereals with no vitamins or preservatives. unfortunately store brand cereal do have more of the vitamins. I believe that barbaras puffins honey rice cereal is quite ok. puff rice and millet and corn cereal is good to. whole foods has corn flakes that are real good,they come in a bag and are usually on the bottom shelf. They have a bear on them, they are honey corn flakes just corn honey and sugar cane. Can't have these no more can't digest corn and it bloats me. Darn IBS. some people do well with kashi go lean crunch, however some do not.
      not yet dx with ic-diagnosing myself as of aug 2006
      diagnosed ic-october 5 2006(huh just what I thought)

Charcoal
      cod liver oil (for vitamins a and d)
      bladder is not getting worse but maybe better
      diagnosed ibs-september 27, 2006
      don't know if it's ibs or some other underlining condition. hair loss, weight loss, constipation
      all this even though I eat.
      Mercury toxicity with Candida Albicans
      Realy toxic and sick
      Dental almagams removal and chelation for heavy metal toxins and candida cleansing as soon as fillings are out
      had catscan, ultrasound, colonoscopy
      Matthew 21 verse 22: jesus quotes"and all the things you ask in prayer, having faith, you will receive."

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Comment

Read the labels to see that there's no preservative like BMT. Kathi
        One Day At A Time
        Kathi

Comment

Cereal!

I have found ti to be so hard to find cereal that's okay, but today I bought five boxes and they are all okay! Here's what I bought: Trader Joe's Organic O's (I stress, regular organic, the ones with extra fiber have added vitamin c and b6, which drive me crazy, as do the non-organic ones), Trader Joe's vanilla almond clusters cereal, Enviro kids organic Gorilla Munch, FMV (For maximum value) plain puffed wheat, and Quaker 100% Natural Granola: oats, raisins, and almonds. The last two I got at Food 4 Less, believe it or not! Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I live near Virginia Beach, VA and we do not have Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market. My options are very limited for health food stores.

I am going to lay off the cereal for a while. I was just looking for fiber. I'll stick to oatmeal. I seem to be fine with that. And also, I'm going to try some rice bran soon.
            Sonja

Dx: Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy/Congestive Heart Failure-1997, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2006, IC-Feb 2007, Atrophic Vaginitis 08, Heavy Long and Painful Periods leading to Partial Hysterectomy-2007, Rectal Fissure-2007, Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion-2008, Post-Menopausal-2010

Meds: Coreg, Elmiron, Elestrin, Est/Test Topical Gel, Valium Suppositories, Lyrica, Dyrenium to counteract edema from Lyrica, Pain Meds.

IC Diet: Very diet sensitive, esp. to spices.

Comment

Working...
            X