Goat Cheese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goat Cheese?

Can anyone here tolerate Goat Cheese? the fresh goat cheese that is supposedly not aged?

I have bought some and I ate 1 oz one afternoon. I was thinking that if Feta is on the good cheese list, then surely goat would be. I need to eat a low sodium diet for dilated cardiomyopathy, and feta is really high in salt, so I've been eating goat cheese for a long time.

Long story longer....I think the next day after I ate the goat, I had more frequency/urgency. Not sure since I'm in phase 1 and it could be anything really.

I would like to be able to eat this cheese and would like to know if others suffer after eating it or can get by on it.

Thanks.
    Sonja

Dx: Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy/Congestive Heart Failure-1997, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2006, IC-Feb 2007, Atrophic Vaginitis 08, Heavy Long and Painful Periods leading to Partial Hysterectomy-2007, Rectal Fissure-2007, Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion-2008, Post-Menopausal-2010

Meds: Coreg, Elmiron, Elestrin, Est/Test Topical Gel, Valium Suppositories, Lyrica, Dyrenium to counteract edema from Lyrica, Pain Meds.

IC Diet: Very diet sensitive, esp. to spices.

I ate raw goat cheese. It's much stronger than regular. I don't know if I had a problem with it besides constipation.
    not yet dx with ic-diagnosing myself as of aug 2006
    diagnosed ic-october 5 2006(huh just what I thought)

Charcoal
    cod liver oil (for vitamins a and d)
    bladder is not getting worse but maybe better
    diagnosed ibs-september 27, 2006
    don't know if it's ibs or some other underlining condition. hair loss, weight loss, constipation
    all this even though I eat.
    Mercury toxicity with Candida Albicans
    Realy toxic and sick
    Dental almagams removal and chelation for heavy metal toxins and candida cleansing as soon as fillings are out
    had catscan, ultrasound, colonoscopy
    Matthew 21 verse 22: jesus quotes"and all the things you ask in prayer, having faith, you will receive."

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Comment

Thank you, tabasco.

Anyone else have any words for the not so wise newbie regarding goat cheese?
      Sonja

Dx: Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy/Congestive Heart Failure-1997, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2006, IC-Feb 2007, Atrophic Vaginitis 08, Heavy Long and Painful Periods leading to Partial Hysterectomy-2007, Rectal Fissure-2007, Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion-2008, Post-Menopausal-2010

Meds: Coreg, Elmiron, Elestrin, Est/Test Topical Gel, Valium Suppositories, Lyrica, Dyrenium to counteract edema from Lyrica, Pain Meds.

IC Diet: Very diet sensitive, esp. to spices.

Comment

I love cheese, all cheese so I totally understand you here.

I have NOT had trouble with goat. That said, I do avoid it when I'm flaring or have recently flared. When that happens I cut out ALL cheese. But if I haven't flared in a few weeks, goat does and can get put back on my routine. The only cheese that I've noticed to really CAUSE a flare would be the harsher cheeses, like stilton.

Comment

I do great with goat and sheep not cow cheeses....
          :woohoo: Yogajo

Comment

Working...
          X