X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• futurehope
    replied
    Kari1980

I suspect it's the tic tacs. I cannot ingest anything with additives. It doesn't matter that the tictac is real little. I really cannot chew many gums either, only if I can find mild ones with sugar (as opposed to artificial sweetener).

Leave a comment:

• Want2BPainFree
    replied
    Just wanted to update. I've tried the gum and have not had any problems from it that I can see so far. I've chewed it on two separate days.

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    I'd be alittle nervous about that gum, because I don't even know some of those ingredients...Let me know how you do. good luck

Kari

Leave a comment:

• Want2BPainFree
    replied
    I don't know what ingredients tic-tacs have. I haven't used them in years. However, I did pick up some GLEE Gum, Peppermint. It's all natural. I have fear of chewing it, though.

The ingredients are: Cane sugar, glucose, gum base (made from natural chicle), rice syrup, gum arabic, peppermint oil, resinous glaze, lecithin, beeswax, carnauba wax, and chlorophyll.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    I chew sweetlife dental gum in peppermint flavour, it contains no artificial sweeteners, no aspartame no colours. its 100% xylitol.

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    It's funny that you brought this up because lately I have been in so much pain and can't figure out what it is and when I read this, I realized that I have been having tic-tac's a lot lately, could it be that? If not, the only other thing it could possibly be is I had some popcorn (not the boxed kind, the kernals that I popped myself, with some butter) and some Tostitos...But according to the ingredients in those, nothing should be bothering me? So I just don't know what it is, any suggestions?

thanks,
    Kari

Leave a comment:

• hensleyi
    replied
    Gum was a problem for me

Good point here. I have been really following the IC diet I was still having some discomfort, but was not sure of the cause. One day it dawned on me that I was still chewing gum (Extra, which has artificial sweetners). I felt a lot like you, Want2B, thinking gum is the problem, this is getting so ridiculous, but I switched to gum with real sugar and I have been feeling better. It's amazing I have spent the last several years trying to avoid real sugar (eating diet foods, drinking diet soda) so it is hard to accept that sugar is much better for me now. This is one crazy illness.

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    I am able to chew most gum with out any problems. WinterFresh (the brand not the flavor) seems to bother my bladder a little bit. But that particular brand tends to disintagrade in you mouth after a while (leaving you with a mouth full of spit and gum granuals) so it's not hard for me to stay away from :-P.

Leave a comment:

• Huntermommy
    replied
    I guess I am very fortunate... I can chew any type of gum without any problems... I also love Life Saver Winter Green mints... They are my favorite... I have chewed gum flavors of Spearmint, wintergreen, juicy fruit, orbit, sour green apple, lightning lemonade(my son's favorite) and I haven't had any pain from it... Good Luck and God Bless...

Leave a comment:

• Want2BPainFree
    replied
    Thanks. I didn't think about Chiclets, but I chew gum to prevent cavities as per my dentist. I don't think Chiclets are gonna help with that. Oh well, it was a bad habit anyway.

Anyone else have problems with gum???

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I can't chew gum because of my jaws, but I used to chew Chiclets --- not the sugar free.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Want2BPainFree
    started a topic Gum???

Gum???

I saw on another thread that marie29 has the same question as me.

What gum can be chewed? I just noticed my orbit has aspartame, BHT, acesulfame K, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors.

Well, those are all triggers. Could I really have been having a good day yesterday until I tried to freshen my breath after a long day at work?

Seriously, gum?

I hate this. I really, really hate this. The IC diet plan says nothing about chewing gum that I've seen.
Working...
X