• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoosierqueen
    replied
    More about Xylitol

Jodi,

You might contact the company's website I mentioned in a previous post for some samples. Here is more info:

Pure Xylitol is a white crystalline substance that looks and tastes like sugar. It is a naturally occurring 5-carbon sugar alcohol found in many fruits and vegetables and produced in small amounts by the human body. For commercial use, it is manufactured from xylan hemicellulose sources such as Birch trees, cane bagasse and corn cobs/stalks. It is the sweetest of the polyols with the same sweetness as sugar (sucrose) but with 40% fewer calories and none of the negative tooth decay or insulin release effects of sugar.

Classified on labels as a carbohydrate, Xylitol has been used in foods since the 1960's and is approved in the U.S. as a food additive in unlimited quantity for foods with special dietary purposes and is safe for use by those with diabetes or hypoglycemia.

Melina

Leave a comment:

• jodi.b
    replied
    Xylitol

Thanks for that. I will try some this week.
    Best regards
    Jodi

Leave a comment:

• Hoosierqueen
    replied
    Xylitol is so much like sugar

I have used the Xylitol for two years and have had no problems with it.
    My friends and I believe it is the closet "thing" to sugar. I work with two natural alternative nutritionists, one in Indiana and the other in California, who also use Xylitol.

Thanks for your reply.
    Melina
    Last edited by Hoosierqueen; 03-13-2007, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have a daughter-in-law who uses stevia. She has had some unfortunate reactions to other sweeteners. One thing she did say is that she has to be extremely cautious because it's very bitter if you use very much.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Hoosierqueen
    replied
    Xylitol is a natural sweetner.

The BEST natural sweenter which I found and use is Xylitol. Health food stores have it. As I recall, the American Dental Assocation approves of Xylitol.

Edited to remove advertising site.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 03-12-2007, 03:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jodi.b
    started a topic Stevia

Stevia

Hi All,
    just wondering if anyone has had any success with Stevia as a sugar substitute. I can not have Sacharines etc but this may be different.
    Jodib
Working...
X