Eating Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Out

I work at Panera Bread. We have a good size menu of about everything. I was just wondering If anyone has either ate there and can they tolerate it and if so what is it. I have been unbelievebaly care as of now. I have just been gettin a turkey sandwich because Turkey dont hurt me. I do know a lot of what we have is Organic. Our cheese, milk, tomato's(for pizza) are all organic. I have not been brave enough to try most stuff yet. Is there anything most people eat when they are there. I work there so i eat there about everyday if i have the nerve to eat.

jessied,

I love Panera Bread. When I had to be ultra careful, I use to get the Bistro Steak salad. For a dressing, I would use the dipping oil they usually had at the front of the restaurant with the bread samples. I have since ventured out to have the broccoli cheddar soup and have been fine with that. They have a new sandwich called Turkey Caprese which has turkey, mozzarella cheese and a pesto sauce. I have them leave the tomatoes off.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Great thread...Thank you. I have only eaten their sesame bagels with cream cheese, (which are very good, mind you) but now I will try that turkey sandwich!~~!!!
      30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
      ~Previously took Elmiron 100mg three times a day
      (9/29/05-7/06)
      ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
      ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
      ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
      ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
      -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
      -20 month postpartum remission from 4/17/09 to 12/10/10.
      -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
      ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
      ~Prenatal DHA/Fish oil supplement
      ~Vitamin D supplement
      ~Culturelle probiotic

Comment

I wonder what the ingredients are in the turkey for that sandwich. I noticed on their website it is smoked. When you are at work at Panera can you check? Thanks!

Comment

I really like the turkey sandwiches. They come with turkey,mayo,spicy mustard,lettuce,tomato, onion. Now i just get them plain on country bread. I work back in the kitchen so i make the food. I will have to try the turkey caprese the always looked good but i didnt know about that pesto sauce. I like the broccoli soup i tried a sample of it today. It is alot better then i thought. We will see how I do with it thought.

Comment

Working...
          X