Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meme
    replied
    I can tolerate a little citric acid. I drink these tropicana thingys and they have pear juice and less than 5% citric acid and they don't bother me. I try not to drink them everyday though, don't want to push it

Leave a comment:

• weezer
    replied
    Hi everyone. Weezer here - been away from the boards since December and I have missed you all so much. My thing lately, speaking of citric acid etc., I have been craving oranges like crazy. I really don't know if there effecting my IC, because I have been flaring something terrible for the past few months and I'm awaiting surgery beginning of April. I was thinking that maybe my body was craving vitamin C??? Asked my doctor about it and she just said, that's a possibility. And before it was oranges, it was watermelon, which didn't seem to bother me. Just wondering if anyone else has this craving???
    Weezer

Leave a comment:

• CrazyAZZGirl79
    replied
    How odd am i,lol my bladder can handle lemon not only that if i have lemon chicken my bladder feels very calm in away..

Leave a comment:

• peppersalt
    replied
    I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the citric acid is derived from corn.
    Usually, if not always.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Citric acid flares my IC horribly, but Donna is right, test it out carefully (small amount) to see if you're ok with it. Since it's in everything, it's more convenient if you can tolerate it, so it's worth checking for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Some of us can tolerate tiny amounts of citric acid. Others find that any at all is a problem. My suggestion is to try going completely away from it for a while, then try a tiny bit to see if it's problematic for you.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• miz_sunshine87
    replied
    yes, citric acid can bother people. I'm not sure exactly what it is derived from, but the word "acid" basically denotes that it is acidic!

Uunfortunately the stuff is in everything, and I do mean everything! Of course it doesn't bother everyone, so the best way to figure out if it is causing you problems is to do an elimination diet. I discovered that most "bad" IC foods don't seem to bother me much, but soy and soy oil is killer. That is in most margarines and prepared foods, as well as some breads. Vinegar is also bad for me (ie pickles).

Leave a comment:

• labguides
    started a topic Citric acid

Citric acid

I noticed that Pear Nectar and jelly have citric acid. Is this related to citrus fruit? and does it cause problems for some people.
Working...
X