White Chocolate Substitute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Chocolate Substitute.

I have a recipe that calls for ingredients in a topping that I had not used before. It called for Vanilla flavored candy bits or wafers. They are like huge chocolate chips and contain Palm Kernel Oil, Nonfat Dry Milk Solids, Whole Milk Solids, Reduced mineral Whey Powder, Soya Lecithin (that may be soy--I'm going to call about it). They taste just like white chocolate. Yummy.
    Liz

Thanks for sharing, I absolutely LOVE white chocolate.
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for sharing it - always good to hear about another option
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Yes I have used the large disc to make white chocolate covered pretzels and they are great. It is also good heated and poured over ice cream. Does anyone have a problems with fried meats, hamburgers and ham, steak. It seems to give me a flare each time. If anyone else has any good news we sure could use some.Take care.
        Sue
        Sue

Comment

Hello,
          I have trouble with bacon & ham. But hamburgers are okay for me - almost the only thing I can eat out in restaurants! (Oh, and egg breakfasts-I can usually make those work in restaurants).

I always get the burgers well done w/ no seasoning (most aren't marinated-thank heaven) and w/ no mayo or ketchup. I've not tried fast food burgers, just mid price restaurants. I ask first to make sure the fries are just salted & not seasoned, and not fried in peanut oil (I'm really allergic to peanuts).

I've not tried fried meats since I got sick, couldn't tell you on that one. Maybe the oils they're fried in could make a difference?

Good luck, wish I had a better answer for you, but this is what works for me...
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I can't do ham or sausage or bacon, but do fine with hamburger and steak. Steak is one of my old standbys that I eat when nothing else works. Steak and baked potatoes. Yum! Good luck!

Comment

TRY the white Reeses Peanutbutter cups...The milk or dark Choc can really do a number on your bladdder.......The white Choc is so good....
              Last edited by Joyce Aurich; 03-23-2004, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I am finding out through trial and error that I cannnot have sausages, bacon, ham, basically anything that has high amounts of perservatives.

Arcticfox hi

Comment

OH how i have to agree every payday my husband come homr with me a white Reeses Peanutbutter cups oh how i love them i think i could eat them all day long. yyyuuuuummmmmmmm!!!!
                  Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                  1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                  2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                  3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                  4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                  5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                  5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                  6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                  7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Question........does peanut butter bother anyone?? I have been eating the recees peanut butter cups too. Yummy....but wasn't sure if I still was eating something that could hurt my IC.
                    Faith, Hope, and Love,
                    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
                    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

I have had good luck with peanut butter so far ! I needed to find more I could eat ! You were all right as time goes on I am able to add more and more to my diet
                      Kellt
                      To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
                      I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

katrina, I am fine with peanut butter

...and it is very good with white chocolate. Think of a cheesecake with peanut butter and then white chocolate....

Cath
                        One day at a time

Comment

I make white chocolate chip cookies. Nestle Toll House makes white chocolate morsels & I follow the recipe for their chocolate chip cookies, but subsitute the chocolate chips with the white chocolate chips. They are very yummy!!!

Dream with the feathers of angels stuffed beneath your head - Clutch

IC, PFD, IBS, Fibromyalgia, MPS, Migraines, Allergies, Scoliosis, Bi-polar, Vulvodynia......

Comment

Sounds Yummy...White Chocolate Cookies:thumbsup:
                            Tilly

Comment

Working...
                            X