Recipe: Coconut Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe: Coconut Chicken

I got creative last night with some of my seemingly "safe" foods. And this chicken was divine. Thought I'd share:

1 lb. Organic, Grain-Fed, Natural Chicken Breast
    1 egg
    2 tbsp. Whipping Cream
    3/4 cup plain cornmeal (yellow or white), I used yellow
    7 Neva Betta Crackers (I bought these b/c they have no preservatives. Very plain and tasteless cracker, but safe for me to eat.
    1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Fine Coconut, Unsweetened, Unsulphered
    Canola Oil

Cut the chicken up into pieces. Heat oil in frying pan. Mix together egg and cream in one bowl. Whir the crackers in a food processor to make crumbs or crush in a bag by hand. Mix cornmeal, cracker crumbs and coconut together in separate bowl from egg mixture.
    Coat the pieces of chicken with egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture. Place in frying pan and fry until golden brown, flipping occasionally.

Since I can't have mustard, I dipped these in Shady Maple Farms Maple Butter.
    Sonja

Dx: Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy/Congestive Heart Failure-1997, Vulvar Vestibulitis-2006, IC-Feb 2007, Atrophic Vaginitis 08, Heavy Long and Painful Periods leading to Partial Hysterectomy-2007, Rectal Fissure-2007, Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion-2008, Post-Menopausal-2010

Meds: Coreg, Elmiron, Elestrin, Est/Test Topical Gel, Valium Suppositories, Lyrica, Dyrenium to counteract edema from Lyrica, Pain Meds.

IC Diet: Very diet sensitive, esp. to spices.

Wow...That does sound yummy. Thanks for sharing.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Neat! I'm not a big fan of chicken, but that makes me want to eat some!

Comment

Working...
      X