Drinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks?

I am SO SO sick of water. Is there anything else I can drink that dont bother most people. I tried the caffeine free drinks that was a bad idea. Is there any thing I can try. I am willing to try anything. Just no more water I am getting to cringe when i see it.

If you do okay with Splenda, you might try some of the Torani or DaVinci syrups. Adding just a little to water tastes very good. You can get them in many stores and coffee shops. They come in lots of different flavors --- one of my favorites is toasted marshmallow, but I like lots of different ones.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Have you tried A&W Root Beer? Or 7-up? That's the only 2 soft drinks that i can have without any problems. Some others say they can have cool-aid. Haven't tried that yet. (but never really liked cool-aid even as a kid!!--weird, I guess!!) Every once in a while, (and i mean every once in a while i can have a coke, but I won't finish it though. But try the Root Beer, a lot of us has no problems with that. Good luck.

Comment

I can drink A&W Rootbeer, Sprite, 7up, Gingerale, decaffiented tea(only 1 or 2 glasses a week) and I can tolerate hot chocolate just every once in awhile... Good luck

Comment

How about blueberry or pear juice--it's called "just blueberry" or "just Pear",
          Iced camomile tea, or just plain honey and hot/warm water with a little cinnamon or clove. I love the just blueberry and pear juice when I get sick of water.

Good luck!

Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
          -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I can drink diet snapple. How about Roma? The fake coffee? That ones goes well with my bladder.

Comment

Jess, some people do well with white soda like 7up and etc., but if you haven't try it yet, be very cautious. The white soda sets off major flares and pain for me. Anything you are not for sure of, try little of it first.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Thanks for the idea's. I got paid today when i get off work I will go to the store and look. I have tried kool-aid It is ok with my IC. It is odd thought when I drink it my endometritis seems to really hurt. I dont know why but it does. I will try to 7-up. I cant bring myself to drink root beer I have never been a fan of it. I can actually only tolerate Aquafina and deer park water. Which i think is odd that it is the only water. I drank some Dasani it was awful i flared so bad.

Comment

Dasani (?) water I can't drink either--don't know whats in it. But whatever is, its the only one that I can't.

Comment

Dasani has Potassium in it, i flare with it too.

Peppermint tea I can tolerate and seems to soothe my bladder.

Lyme disease diagnosed 11/05
                    vulvar vestibulitis diagnosed 2/06 -worst case she has ever seen..very bad.
                    IC diagnosed with hydro/cysto- may 17, 2006

Over growth of lactobicilli found 8/07 treating with doxy.

Was able to get my first internal exam evaluation for PFD....wohoo 1/18/07:woohoo:

8/22/07- was able to get my first speculum exam, with pap

Strep D found in bladder with United medical labs May 2006
                    2 strains of strep in stool culture 9/06
                    high Strep ASO titre found 10/06

NEW MED

Capsasin cream-once a day for 20min,
                    BUt wont lie it does burn

About to start valium supositories for PFD

Trigger point injections- oct 07

Current meds:
                    Neurontin- 100mg at night supposed to work up to 300mg if i can tolerate it
                    Zanaflex 2mg
                    IC and low oxalate diet, no sugar diet
                    Xanax for appointments to help relax me since they cause so much pain

Started PT 3/07, PT has really helped me in ways I never knew that it would

Meds ive tried
                    Lyrica
                    Klonopin
                    Singulair
                    Claritin
                    Pyridium
                    Soma- can barely tolerate half a pill
                    Atropine cream- didnt seem to work, although i found out I was applying the creams wrong
                    Estradiol cream
                    Urelle- caused worse bladder spasm and retention

Various antibiotics for lyme which caused yeast and made the IC and VV worse

waiting for the next chronic illness to pop up

"Did you know?
                    Every 15 seconds,
                    a person is
                    diagnosed with
                    interstitial cystitis."
                    Source: J. Dimitrakov, MD

Comment

I drink ginger tea.. I make it myself though.. I buy the fresh ginger root.. cut a chunk of it.. drop it in the cup add some sugar to taste and poor hot water over it.. I love it and have several cups a day.. suppose to have a soothing and ani inflamitory factor to it.. I do notice it helps my tummy if anything
                      Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

I like to make a:

malibu rum (the kind with natural coconut flavors not pinneapple) and vanilla ice cream smoothie
                        *blend together milk, ice cream, and rum and enjoy

*I take 2 or 3 tums prior to drinking rum

also there is also low acid apple and pear juice in the baby isle
                        someone else mentioned white hot chocolate

milk should be okay

Comment

Help...lol!

Can someone PLEASE give me a suggestion as what to drink when you go to a pub?I met a group of gals the other night at a pub...1st time out since all this "stuff" started and I ended up ordering.....WATER...lol!!This is SO frustrating...and I hear we don't have Prelief here in Canada.
                          Thanks....
                          Lori

Comment

lori,

okay so no alcohol is really IC safe, but probably the best is something straight (without mixers). So if you like doing shots, you can give some of those a try. Something a bit milder to try might be coconut rum, or vanilla vodka. I also like sambucca (Italian liquorice flavored alcohol). Its very warming, but doesn't burn too much, however most people I know can't stand the stuff!

Oddly enough, alcohol hasn't bothered me that much. Vinegar is the only thing that I KNOW will really flare me.

Oh and needless to say, unless you want to spend the whole night in the bathroom, beer is out of the question!

~*miz_sunshine87*~
                            19 y/o student, salesperson, fashionista, future high school teacher. <3 to sing and travel. Dream job= cruise ship entertainer
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            My IC story- diagnosed at age 15 (Feb 2004), after approx. 6 mos of symptoms. Went into near complete remission following hydrodistention and introduction of meds. Feeling so good that I started skipping meds (bad idea). 1 week flare (May 2006). New flare November 2006-present.
                            My triggers- I'm not sure about food triggers, just started IC diet but so far doesn't seem to be doing much. Stress is a big trigger for me though. Both flares this year came during stressful times. I think that stress reduction will help me immensely (last flare went AWAY during vacation in Mexico when I was drinking margaritas like they were water;P).
                            Start of IC symptoms- Summer 2003 (after a UTI)
                            Dx- February 2004, after hydrodistension (ouch!)

Current treatments- Amytriptyline (25mg), Hydroxizine (25mg), MSM w/Glucosamine (1000mg,3x/day), quercetin (500mg, 2x/day), trying to stick to IC diet, prelief as needed.

Previous treatments- Amytriptyline (10mg), Hydroxizine (10mg), Alesse (HBC)

Comment

p.s

I don't know where you live in Canada, but if you're close to a border you can pick it up in any U.S city.

I'm about 2 hrs away from Buffalo NY, so I got mine there. I can't really say wether or not the stuff works though. I've totally fallen off the bandwagon with the diet, and yes I feel worse, but I'm not entirely sure what is doing it!

~*miz_sunshine87*~
                              19 y/o student, salesperson, fashionista, future high school teacher. <3 to sing and travel. Dream job= cruise ship entertainer
                              My IC story- diagnosed at age 15 (Feb 2004), after approx. 6 mos of symptoms. Went into near complete remission following hydrodistention and introduction of meds. Feeling so good that I started skipping meds (bad idea). 1 week flare (May 2006). New flare November 2006-present.
                              My triggers- I'm not sure about food triggers, just started IC diet but so far doesn't seem to be doing much. Stress is a big trigger for me though. Both flares this year came during stressful times. I think that stress reduction will help me immensely (last flare went AWAY during vacation in Mexico when I was drinking margaritas like they were water;P).
                              Start of IC symptoms- Summer 2003 (after a UTI)
                              Dx- February 2004, after hydrodistension (ouch!)

Current treatments- Amytriptyline (25mg), Hydroxizine (25mg), MSM w/Glucosamine (1000mg,3x/day), quercetin (500mg, 2x/day), trying to stick to IC diet, prelief as needed.

Previous treatments- Amytriptyline (10mg), Hydroxizine (10mg), Alesse (HBC)

Comment

Working...
                              X