Clear All

White hot chocolate
    current meds:
    cytotec 200mcg twice daily
    toprol
    allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
    dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
    dx: endometriosis 2003
    dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
    elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
    elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
    a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Comment

I don't have a problem with beer - which is incrediby lucky (I am a huge beer fan). I drank two pints of Schafly's Coffee Stout Tuesday night and last night, and feel fine today. I just don't try to keep up with my friends anymore. I do tend to have a little more frequency with American light lagers (Budweiser, Miller Lite, stuff like that), but not much more so than the average person would get by drinking beer (alcohol is a diuretic). I haven't gotten any pain or burning from it, though.

I will say, if you're dead set on being able to have one drink with your girlfriends, then maybe you should try something first in the comfort of your own home. A lot of liquor stores here, at least, sell the single bottles of pretty much anything they have in six-packs, from big American macro-brews like Coors to imports like Guinness or microbrews like Schlafly's. I've read a couple of people here who have said they do ok with one or two beers of they add a pinch of salt to kill the carbonation.

As far as other drinks go, some have reported they've had luck with unflavored rum (or also coconut sometimes) like miz_sunshine87. Other people say they can have a glass of desert wine, like maybe a port. I haven't tried it, but I might pick up a bottle of honey mead this weekend.

The thing to remember is, some of us have a much higher tolerance for a variety of foods than others, and anything new you try you should do so with caution. Your reaction is individual to you, and a lot of people here cannot tolerate alcohol at all. In that case, maybe you could try a virgin pina colada (not typical pub fare, but hey, maybe they have a blender). Also, until recently, if I thought I might have a drink or two, I would make sure I popped three tums before and after.

Comment

Gatorade bothers me lately.

Comment

Working...
        X