medifast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medifast?

HI anyone try this diet?? friend lost weight on it but she doesn't have ic,lol soo anyone have ic and od this diet?
    Angela

Re: medifast?

Originally posted by CrazyAZZGirl79 View Post
    HI anyone try this diet?? friend lost weight on it but she doesn't have ic,lol soo anyone have ic and od this diet?

Yeah I am on Medifast and have IC. No pain, just frequency. I know your post is old, did you ever go on it?

Comment

Most of the diets where you purchase packaged meals would be extremely difficult for an IC patient. I contacted one company and shared just a few of my problem foods and drinks --- their response was that they couldn't provide a safe diet for me. Be extremely cautions and very important ---- READ EVERY LABEL!

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Good idea to read the label and talk to the doctors providing it. One problem some IC patients have when they lose weight is that the composition of the urine changes and can cause symptoms to increase. So maybe edge toward a few more calories and slower weight loss. Let us know how you do!
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
        IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
        Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
          Most of the diets where you purchase packaged meals would be extremely difficult for an IC patient. I contacted one company and shared just a few of my problem foods and drinks --- their response was that they couldn't provide a safe diet for me. Be extremely cautions and very important ---- READ EVERY LABEL!

Donna

Well I have 100 pounds to lose and 3 months worth of food. My frequency is no worse on the plan than off plan. The program is actually very healthy and has already helped my health in other areas. I guess for now I will just deal with the frequency.

Suzie

Comment

Yeah, you have to be careful with these types of meal replacements. They usually have loads of junk and preservatives in them. I would honestly look for one that is more on the organic side without all the added chemicals. I know that is hard to find, but I just would not trust some of the other stuff out there. I am chemical sensitive as well so I honestly would likely have an issue with this pre-made up stuff. I agree, always look at ingredients. I try and follow the rule of thumb, if there is more than a handful of ingredients in it, I don't buy it as it is likely filled with preservatives and additives.

Comment

Originally posted by jen74 View Post
              Yeah, you have to be careful with these types of meal replacements. They usually have loads of junk and preservatives in them. I would honestly look for one that is more on the organic side without all the added chemicals. I know that is hard to find, but I just would not trust some of the other stuff out there. I am chemical sensitive as well so I honestly would likely have an issue with this pre-made up stuff. I agree, always look at ingredients. I try and follow the rule of thumb, if there is more than a handful of ingredients in it, I don't buy it as it is likely filled with preservatives and additives.

Well, it's all healthy, has been around 35 years and is used at the John Hopkins Medical center in their obesity clinic. It's better than the junk food I was eating before. Go to the medifast website and look at the nutrition label. Anyways, I will shut up now. I'm doing so well on the plan that I can't give up my hard work.

Comment

I am glad it is helping you. It does contain artificial ingredients( flavors) and lots of different vitamins. I know for many ICers certain Vitamins can really cause bladder pain. That is pretty much individual though. As long as you are ok taking it, then that is all that counts. I personally find eating a more organic whole food based diet would be a healthy option as well. This way you can get all the vitamins you need naturally through foods. For weight loss, some have said they had really good luck with the paleo diet and SCD diet. It is basically meats, fruits and veggies. It cuts out a lot of carbs.

Comment

Working...
                X