Taco Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco Bell

I saw in another thread that several people can eat at Taco Bell. What do you eat there? Thanks!

I will never eat at taco bell again... A girl from nj went to taco bell one day and ate some tacos. She had some sort of canker sore or something inside her mouth on the cheek. Well a few weeks later her cheek was swollen. She didn't know why. she went to the dr and found out that there were baby spiders inside her cheek. and they hatched and came out of her mouth! I almost fainted when I heard that.
    All I know is I havent even thought about having taco bell after that story! It's a true story.
    ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

We usually eat at Taco Time and the only thing I can have is a bean burrito with no tomato added.

Donna

P.S. Rachel, that sounds something like this one (a hoax):

The following Taco Bell stories are hoaxes!

"Dear Guide:

There is a very strange rumor going around the Youngstown, Ohio area about Taco Bell being infested with cockroaches. Here's the story as I heard it:

One of my friend's cousin's friends (of course you've got the dog in there somewhere, too) went to a local Taco Bell and ate what, I don't know. But supposedly the next day her gums swelled up and she called her dentist. He asked her where she ate and she told him. He told her to come in as soon as possible. She got there and there were cockroach eggs in her gums. He then contacted the local police department and they went to the Taco Bell and found live and dead cockroaches in the meat.

Now let me tell you that:

1. The Taco Bell location was not closed down.

2. There was nothing in the news or local paper about it (and you know the media loves that kind of stuff).

3. The Taco Bell restaurant where it supposedly happened is now (in 1998) being torn down to be replaced by one of those Taco Bell/KFC deals.

It seems like a hoax to me. I'm thinking that the people around here are so bored with their lives they have to do something to liven them up. My question to you is, is this the only time you've heard of this, or is it going around other areas too?

Variant #1: Hoax
      Someone ate at Taco Bell, had a sore throat the next day, went to the doctor and they discovered spider eggs in her throat.

Variant #2: Hoax

Someone ate at Taco Bell, had a sore throat the next day, went to the doctor. The doctor said 'We have to do surgery immediately.' Turns out there were roach larvae eating her cheeks from the inside out. Three months later in June, another version was reported by someone in San Jose, California. The informant supplied a wealth of appetizing details, the specific menu items consumed by the victim and the exact location of the restaurant.

Variant #3: Hoax

My friend at work told me that just last week a girl ate at the Taco Bell on Camden/Kooser and she had three bean burritos. The next day she woke up and her throat was bleeding inside. She was rushed to the hospital for four hours of surgery because her whole body was infected with cockroach eggs. They went back to that Taco Bell and the entire place was infected with cockroach eggs. Supposedly the acid in your stomach would normally kill the cockroach stuff, but it got into this girl’s intestine and spread. And then there was the following variant reported on October 20, no location specified. Note that in this case the victim's gums are said to have been bleeding, not her throat. Note, too, that the victim was the daughter of a friend of a coworker of the informant.

Variant #4 Hoax
      Someone here at work told me the following story: The daughter of a friend is attending college. She is working part time to help pay her tuition. Her gums begin to bleed even when she isn't brushing her teeth so she goes to the dentist. The dentist asks her what she has been eating. She tells him she eats at Taco Bell frequently. At this point the dentist tells her that her gums have a 'cockroach egg' infestation and that is why they are bleeding. The dentist also tells her it is from eating at Taco Bell."

(copied from a hoax site).
      Last edited by ICNDonna; 03-22-2007, 11:04 AM.
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Highly doubting this

Though the stories seem like a great anti-PR job for Taco bell and great Urban Myths for teenagers on a sleep-over, I highly doubt the validity of them.
        Now realistically, with all the third world countries, and some very unclean restaurants and places of domicile found in developed nations - don't you think we would hear about the spiders & cochroach in the mouth/throat stories all the time?
        Actually, some countries eat cooked roaches and spiders as a delicacy...so
        give me a Roach Taco and a Daddy-Long Legs Burrito with....hmmm, I'm having a good day....medium-spicy sauce..:woohoo:

Comment

Oh my god donna!!! That is nasty.... they recently closed down about 10 taco bells in ny because of ecoli in the meat. And in nyc they closed it down due to rats running around. It was all over the news and in the paper! This is not a hoax. My bf went to school with that girl that had spider eggs in her cheek. That is a true story! Please dont eat Taco Bell
          ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
          Love like you've never been hurt
          Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

i love taco bell! but now i am too grossed out! no i don't believe the stories. there have always been stories running around. if i can eat it and it doesn't bother me why not! just need time to forget the stories.
            mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
            hysterectomy 11/04,
            prolapse cervix 7/07
            diagnosed: IC 2007
            IBS 2008

Comment

So people that like Taco Bell what do you eat there?

Comment

hard shell tacos. i don't know why but i can. only once a week though or else.
                mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
                hysterectomy 11/04,
                prolapse cervix 7/07
                diagnosed: IC 2007
                IBS 2008

Comment

I mainly get the tacos and nachos with everything on them. Haven't had any in a long time. Now I'm half hungry for the nachos but also half sick in the stomach thinking about spiders in the mouth. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

I can eat about anything there just as long as I don't add salsa to it, and I only eat it maybe every two weeks or so. I can also have pizza hut with light sauce about once a week-too many days in a row though can be killer-no take-home box!
                    Also, I heard the taco story about a taco john's in a nearby town here. I've also heard that you can get a roach infestation from cutting your tongue on an envelope and they're supposedly inside the glue. Seriously though, shouldn't the heat have killed the babies???? I think they did this one on Myth Busters and busted it.

Comment

Urban myth or not, I always get the hard taco, no cheese, bean burrito with cheese (I don't mind melted cheese) and sometimes pintos and cheese and I use mild sauce. I don't flare any worse than with anything else I eat. As long as I stay away from citrus and too much caffeine I do okay.

My hubby calls it grade D butt meat. But I still love it! My older son is made of it since that was the only thing I would eat when I was pregnant! He called me today and he was eating at Taco Bell since he had his first parent/teacher meeting. He is finishing up his student teaching in a few weeks! Graduating on May 4th and getting married on May 19th. Can you tell I am a proud mama!

Comment

Snopes says it's a hoax.

Comment

I can eat bean burrito no sauce most of the time. Occasionally if it is a really good day and I am somewhere no around here I will get it with green sauce (they don't have it in my vicinity). I can also tolerate the chicken quesadilla with no sauce. The nachos with no tomatoes seems to be ok too, but I rarely get those so I don't know. I do know sometimes when I am flaring and don't feel like making anything but am a bit hungry I will get one bean burrito with no sauce.

-Krisi

Comment

Working...
                          X