Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan Osborne
    replied
    Well, you are lucky. I have heard from two really great Uro's that sometime, it can two weeks to affect you. I know its sounds long, but I guess its true. So be careful

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I wouldn't chance it for at least a while --- and I suggest taking it slowly when adding new foods. Some ICers aren't particularly diet sensitive, others are extremely so --- I fall somewhere in the middle.

By taking it slowly, I mean add one new food at a time, eat it every day for three or four days, then add another.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I have a few food triggers that I absolutely, positively must avoid, but I am not nearly as diet sensitive as a lot of people on this site, luckily. In the beginning, I did the very basic elimination diet for two months, and I didn't notice a real difference. My symptoms remain pretty constant... but I have a feeling it's because my IC is severe and it's going to hurt to some extent anyway....regardless I still try to eat pretty healthy.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    Be careful. Sometimes, there is a cumulative affect that can happen. In other words, you can get away with a bit but if you go overboard for two long it can catch up with you.

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    There are some people that can still eat what ever they want and it does not affect their IC. But while they can eat whatever they have problems with other stuff say stress, illiness PMS symptoms increasing the IC symptoms. Like the other said you are lucky that food right now is not bothering you. It maybe that your case of IC is mild and you will be able to control it well. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    I would just say you are an incredibly lucky woman! And keep experimenting. Anything seems to be possible with this stupid condition.

Leave a comment:

• soccermom32
    started a topic What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

I've been diagnosed with IC about 3 weeks ago now. The first week, I did a total elimination diet, only ate what was considered "safe" by most IC'ers. The 2nd week and 3rd week I ate really healthy, tons of veggies, some tofu, no preservatives or sweets etc.... All the while feeling the same. My pain only seems to be at a point where I need a pain killer after Physical Therapy. Besides that, its been rather mild lately. I notice I'm sore after PT for a good 2 days.

Now I have PMS...bad. I'm due on Monday. In the past 3 days I've eaten a burger and fries with seasonings on it and ketchup, movie theater popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, M&M's and OMG even a tomato and I am still fine. I will resume my "healthy eating" tomorrow though only b/c I really want my body to heal and do what is good for it right now. I am certainly not pushing my luck

Could I assume, is it possible, that diet doesn't affect my IC one way or another? After eating all that crap, wouldn't I be curled up in pain?
Working...
X