anyone see an issue with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone see an issue with this?

Light Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Lactic Acid), Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil, SomerSweet™ (Oligofructose, Inulin, Fructose, Sprouted Mung Bean Extract, Acesulfame K), Ginger, Garlic, Toasted Sesame Oil, Ginger Powder, Onion, Granulated Onion.
    thanx.
    Angela

Yes, the soy sauce and the unions....also possibly the Acesulfame K? I don't know what that is but it sounds like an artificial sweetner...which would be bad. I would steer clear from this product.
    Kim

Comment

Hmmm, the problematics on the list would be the Soy Sauce (soy products can be a huge bladder irritant), the onion is a maybe - for me in the beginning I was fine with cooked, but not raw, the Acesulfame K is on the problematic list, the ginger is also on the maybe list and I am not sure on the sprouted mung bean extract. The olive oil and sesame oil are usually ok, as is the garlic. (there are some though, that have troubles with fresh garlic. I had problems with garlic powder, so I had to find one with no preservatives or additives and I was fine)

Hope this helps a bit!
      Hugs,
      Tracey
      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
      IC dx'd Nov 2004
      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
      Possible IBS
      Current IC Meds
      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
      Previous IC Meds taken:
      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day