Gatorade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatorade?

I drink water, but it was recommended to me to avoid my decaf green tea with spenda. I am going to avoid all artificial sweeteners (as much as possible).

Can you tolerate Gatorade? Certain flavors over others? I like the X-Factor (Fruit Punch + Berry)...
    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Hey,

When I am NOT flaring (or haven't flared in awhile) I can tolerate small glasses of fruit punch gatorade. I get easily dehydrated to the point where water is not enough and I'll drink pedialite which I can always tolerate, but it tastes SO disgusting. Fruit punch flavored is ok for me when I'm having a good bladder time so its a nice change from the pedialite. I can only tolerate the fruit punch.

Comment

I have not had good luck with gatorade, but I did find a tea I can drink (a real tea, not an herbal or fruit tea). It's called white tea. It's a green tea in the sense that it is not processed like black tea, but it is made from leaves picked just from the tops of certain tea plants at some exact point in their ripening. I get Adagio Silver Needle white tea, which is not cheap, but I love it. You have to steep it for a long time, about ten minutes because it is so mild, but it's worth it. The tea tastes slightly sweet and almost creamy in texture. It is said to have less acid than any other real tea, and I believe that because it doesn't affect my bladder at all. It is also said to have less caffeine. Can't vouch for that claim one way or the other.

Anyway, my morning cup of tea is one of my special moments in the day, where I don't do anything but drink the tea, focus on the unique flavor, and remind myself how lucky I am to be able to drink it.
      Last edited by Berkshire Road; 03-31-2007, 02:53 AM.
      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I can tolerate gatorade if I avoid the red tones --- I haven't had any for a long time, however.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hello there!

I'm an athlete like yourself and I drink Gatorade during and after a workout. No problems for me at all, but I avoid other foods during the day that I can normally tolerte alone such as bananas, but combined with the potassium WATCH OUT!!! Good luck and happy workouts!

Erika
          IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
          Birth Control

Comment

Could I ask you a quick question? Do you notice an increase in frequency and urgency when you run? It seems the more active I am, the worse my smptoms are. I switched from swimming to running about 2 years ago (never knew how much I enjoyed running!). I was training for a half-marathon. 10 miles was so much fun and I loved it so much! Anyways, lately, when I run, I instantly have to go and holding it is horrible (not painful, just nauseating and extremely urgent). I haven't been able to run in 5 months I can't even walk very far without the same trouble. I even have a handicap parking pass because of this. They haven't dx'd me with IC... I have a cystoscope in 2 weeks. They suspect urethritis becasue on a pelvic exam that is what hurt, not my bladder per say. I'm miserible I'm trying to do the IC diet to avoid irritants (per MD's recommendation). It's hard because pretty much everything I enjoy is on the "avoid list".

[

Comment

I wonder if the cholrene may bother your urethra? Swimming is no impact so I don;t know if that would cause pain unless if was high intensity. I do endurance training on an eliptical which is low impact and it doesn't bother me, running on the treadmill can though!!! I also weight lift but that doesn't bother my ic unless I do a real grueling workout and I feel the lactic acid in the muscles...that when I pay for it.

Erika
              IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
              Interstim Since 5/25/07!
              Birth Control

Comment

I can drink Gatorade to my hearts content, but only the Fruit Punch (red). For me, drinking Gatorade mixed w/ CanadaDry Gingerale helps during a flare (seems weird since it's carbonated and has potassium).

Medical "Issues":
                IC
                GERD
                Tachycardia(resting rate is 125-130 )
                Medicastions:
                Tramadol-as needed (IC)-50mg
                Elmiron 200mg twice a day
                Levsin .125mg 1-2 pills 4 times a day

Comment

I am pretty new hear. I asked my doctor if it was the gaotrade that could be bothering me. She says it depends on the person and to try not to drink it. I haven't noticed anything different. I too love gatorade mixed with ginger ale.
                  I have numerous health problems, including endometriosis, IC, pudendal neuralgia, pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic dyssnergia.
                  My meds:
                  Seasonale
                  Atarax
                  Zanaflex
                  Elavil
                  Lactalose

Comment

Energy drink

I have only had Ic symptoms for about three months and I just stared taking elmiron and it made a big difference!!
                    looking back, it seemed to start and get worse when I was hooked on energy drinks like red bull and sobe(which I loved). Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I tried grape gatorade and it seemed ok for me!

good luck to everyone
                    Gwen

Comment

Well... I have not been diagnosed yet... still in the process of testing... but I do know that I pee more with caffeine (always have, not just with my unreaonsable frequency/urgancy issues the last 5 months). So, SoBe and Red Bull would kill me, pre-bladder trouble! I can't even do regular tea... it seems I'm supposed to avoid all tea/coffee with the IC diet... which really sucks! I can't even do decaf. That is why I asked about Gatorade... something with flavor!

[

Comment

I just hate giving up caffeine. I wonder if there is any kind of food that can give you that extra boost of energy to get going in the morning(not a morning person).
                        I have always been one to pee a lot and drink coffee, but when it started getting out of control, I knew something was wrong. I would have nights where I would get out of bed to pee,get back to bed and tell my husband not to move, or it would make me pee. I would get up way to many time at night and I wanted to sleep alone because I was uncomfortable.
                        Now, the peeing is under control, but I had burning and discomfort for a while, I
                        till think the energy drink may have played a role in all of this for me!
                        Good luck with gatorade, we all need to have something tasty to drink!
                        Gwen

Comment

I can tolerate the Berry Rain Gatorade in moderation. The regular types don't work so well. As for tea .. I can tolerate the Rooibos in moderation which I love...

Comment

born2swim, I did drink tea as I was growing up but now I can not drink it. That is the worst trigger for my bladder to freak out. I refuse even to taste it because I know I will suffer severely that day.

As for running, I think it might be like swimming, it put pressure on the bladder. Once in a great while I can enjoy swimming without much problems but then I try again and I have to keep running to the bathroom. It would be great to figure out when it is ok and when I should not go. This week I went swimming, did great the first time, the second time, I got out of the water because I couldn't stand the pressure any longer.

I hope you don't give up on trying, maybe there are days that you can do it.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Help me... For the life of me I can't figure out what Rooibos is? I suppose I could search it, but I figured you'd have recommendations (how you drink it?)

[

Comment

Working...
                              X