Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born2swim
    replied
    Thanks for all the information! It's funny, because I already have that tea! I bought it a while back, but found it too mild and has been in the back of my pantry ever since. Considering I can't do the teas I truly love, I bet I could learn to love this one! I used to drink tea every morning, but maybe this is one I can do!

Thanks for all the informative links and the warning about added flavors. I would have probably overlooked that!

Leave a comment:

• Krisi
    replied
    Rooibos tea is red tea from Africa. It is decaf naturally and very mild. It does not come from the same plant as green teas, black teas and white teas. All of those teas are Asian. Rooibos is low in tannins so it is not very bitter. It is supposed to be one of the only teas that is ok for people with kidney stones since it contains no oxalic acid. Oxalic acid is also not good for people with vulvodynia. Rooibos isn't for everyone some people can handle some people probably can't.

There are many brands out there and you can also get loose leave. One of the brands that is carried at a store here is Kalahari.

The web site below has information about their products along with an artical from the HerbalGram ("Journal of American Botanical Council") It is interesting to say the least.

http://www.kalahariusa.com/tea

I like Highlands Honey, the orginal, and Earl of Africa from Kalahari. I haven't tried them all though. But I like Highlands Honey alot

There are many other brands out there too like the Republic of Tea has 5 but only 2 that don't have something citric like lemon, apple or mango in them. Just make sure if you try some that it doesn't have lemon or something citric in it. Some of these tea companies like to put that stuff in their bags and call it some goofy name.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me
    Last edited by Krisi; 04-13-2007, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    I really want to go running again. That is one of the hardest things I have to avoid. I am hoping to rest enough, avoid irritants, starting Elmiron... that I will feel better and can go running someday soon... I spent my whole life unable to run... once I could enjoy it, a year later I can't do it

I'll try to find a way to do it! I will start with weight lifting first I guess!

It's sad about the tea... I love my decaf green tea and boy I love black tea! So sad... but I'm trying to avoid it at all costs.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Help me... For the life of me I can't figure out what Rooibos is? I suppose I could search it, but I figured you'd have recommendations (how you drink it?)

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    born2swim, I did drink tea as I was growing up but now I can not drink it. That is the worst trigger for my bladder to freak out. I refuse even to taste it because I know I will suffer severely that day.

As for running, I think it might be like swimming, it put pressure on the bladder. Once in a great while I can enjoy swimming without much problems but then I try again and I have to keep running to the bathroom. It would be great to figure out when it is ok and when I should not go. This week I went swimming, did great the first time, the second time, I got out of the water because I couldn't stand the pressure any longer.

I hope you don't give up on trying, maybe there are days that you can do it.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Krisi
    replied
    I can tolerate the Berry Rain Gatorade in moderation. The regular types don't work so well. As for tea .. I can tolerate the Rooibos in moderation which I love...

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    I just hate giving up caffeine. I wonder if there is any kind of food that can give you that extra boost of energy to get going in the morning(not a morning person).
    I have always been one to pee a lot and drink coffee, but when it started getting out of control, I knew something was wrong. I would have nights where I would get out of bed to pee,get back to bed and tell my husband not to move, or it would make me pee. I would get up way to many time at night and I wanted to sleep alone because I was uncomfortable.
    Now, the peeing is under control, but I had burning and discomfort for a while, I
    till think the energy drink may have played a role in all of this for me!
    Good luck with gatorade, we all need to have something tasty to drink!
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Well... I have not been diagnosed yet... still in the process of testing... but I do know that I pee more with caffeine (always have, not just with my unreaonsable frequency/urgancy issues the last 5 months). So, SoBe and Red Bull would kill me, pre-bladder trouble! I can't even do regular tea... it seems I'm supposed to avoid all tea/coffee with the IC diet... which really sucks! I can't even do decaf. That is why I asked about Gatorade... something with flavor!

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    Energy drink

I have only had Ic symptoms for about three months and I just stared taking elmiron and it made a big difference!!
    looking back, it seemed to start and get worse when I was hooked on energy drinks like red bull and sobe(which I loved). Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I tried grape gatorade and it seemed ok for me!

good luck to everyone
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• ktrn79
    replied
    I am pretty new hear. I asked my doctor if it was the gaotrade that could be bothering me. She says it depends on the person and to try not to drink it. I haven't noticed anything different. I too love gatorade mixed with ginger ale.

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    I can drink Gatorade to my hearts content, but only the Fruit Punch (red). For me, drinking Gatorade mixed w/ CanadaDry Gingerale helps during a flare (seems weird since it's carbonated and has potassium).

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I wonder if the cholrene may bother your urethra? Swimming is no impact so I don;t know if that would cause pain unless if was high intensity. I do endurance training on an eliptical which is low impact and it doesn't bother me, running on the treadmill can though!!! I also weight lift but that doesn't bother my ic unless I do a real grueling workout and I feel the lactic acid in the muscles...that when I pay for it.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Could I ask you a quick question? Do you notice an increase in frequency and urgency when you run? It seems the more active I am, the worse my smptoms are. I switched from swimming to running about 2 years ago (never knew how much I enjoyed running!). I was training for a half-marathon. 10 miles was so much fun and I loved it so much! Anyways, lately, when I run, I instantly have to go and holding it is horrible (not painful, just nauseating and extremely urgent). I haven't been able to run in 5 months I can't even walk very far without the same trouble. I even have a handicap parking pass because of this. They haven't dx'd me with IC... I have a cystoscope in 2 weeks. They suspect urethritis becasue on a pelvic exam that is what hurt, not my bladder per say. I'm miserible I'm trying to do the IC diet to avoid irritants (per MD's recommendation). It's hard because pretty much everything I enjoy is on the "avoid list".

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Hello there!

I'm an athlete like yourself and I drink Gatorade during and after a workout. No problems for me at all, but I avoid other foods during the day that I can normally tolerte alone such as bananas, but combined with the potassium WATCH OUT!!! Good luck and happy workouts!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I can tolerate gatorade if I avoid the red tones --- I haven't had any for a long time, however.

Donna

Leave a comment:

Working...
X