Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mellusk
    replied
    Oddly enough, I can't eat bell peppers unless they are thoroughly cooked through to to the point that most of their nutrients are probably destroyed. I can, however, eat just about any hot pepper imagineable. Neither irritate my bladder, it's just that for some reason, my body will not digest bell peppers - they come back out violently out of either one end or the other. I did find a variety I tried to grow last summer called mini chocolate bells. They are tiny bell peppers that actually look like they're made of chocolate because of the glossy brown they turn. They were pretty good and I didn't seem to have any issues with them, but they didn't produce very well in the spot where I planted them.

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    I'm probably one of the few who can eat any kind of pepper, the hotter the better, but they have to be fresh or cooked from fresh....I cannot eat the pickled ones or any salsa from a can or jar.

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    I can tolerate them really well, and I eat them ALL the time. They have natural immune-system building properties and w/o eating vit. C anymore I have been very prone to other illnesses. Peppers and spinach help boost my immune system. If you can eat them, I recommend you do.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I can eat red, green, orange bell peppers just fine. But, if I eat too many, they bother my stomach, so I keep the amount small & as part of a meal.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    I can't eat any peppers.....all of them cause bladder pain. I suggest starting off with just a little and see what bothers you. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who can eat with with out any problem. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• GayleK
    replied
    i can eat green and red peppers.

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    I don't seem to have a problem with any of the red,green,orange or yellow peppers. I eat them all the time.

Kari

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Hot peppers, such as chili peppers, are a problem for most ICers, but the sweet green, red, yellow, orange colored ones seem to be okay. Some people get indigestion from them so you might want to eat just a little bit until you know for sure.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    started a topic What type of peppers can I eat?

What type of peppers can I eat?

I can not see any red or green peppers on the IC Diet list, are peppers good for ic patients and if so what kind of peppers?
Working...
X