Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tabasco32
    replied
    This is my first easter with IC as well. My Ic started on April 20 of last year. THis year for easter I will make beef stew using tenderloin steak in a slow cooker and tapioca pudding for desert. OOWW my mom is making chili beans and my grandma is making her famous potatoe salad and of course cake for desert. I can't have flour or wheat so no cake and cookies and candy for me.

Leave a comment:

• dmarie
    replied
    sodium nitrate????

I just checked the ham my husband brought home from work. It says cured with water and less than 2%: salt, sodium phosphate, a few other things, and sodium nitrate is listed last. I'm wondering if this small amount is enough to create a flare. Any thoughts?????

Dawn

Leave a comment:

• Annie2
    replied
    Some grocery stores now do carry nitrate/nitrite and preservative-free spiral sliced hams. If you can tolerate them, they certainly are another option.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Another good desert which is IC friendly is blueberry cheesecake..
    And if you can tolerate cheese we always have baked mac and cheese.. I do fine with it but just in case I always take my prelief with me...

Leave a comment:

• PickPink
    replied
    For Easter my mom is serving Lamb! I have never had it before, but I'm not sure if it is safe for me. I am highly sensative to the diet (I just look at a soda and cringe ) so I didn't know if Lamb would cause me to Flare. Any thoughts on the matter would be great!! Although, I might just bring a piece of chicken breast and not risk it, I sure do love chicken!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Its just us at home, but I always go all out for it, this way we have left overs for the week. I'm going to make a roast, mash potatos, and some veggies. Probably a dessert, what kind, haven't gotten that far yet, will decide when I go to the store tonight.

Leave a comment:

• snicole
    replied
    kadi, i was wondering if u ever posted your carrot/zucc recipe? sound really good

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    For family gatherings like Thanksgiving or Xmas, we've been doing roast chicken with rosemary. (My mom & I both have IC) For sides, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, sweet potatoes with brown sugar & butter, rolls. For dessert, I've made zucchini/carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, a white cake with coconut vanilla frosting, or blueberry pound cake. I just posted a recipe for coconut cream pie too, that's a great dessert.

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    For easter, my family always has a very big potluck. Basically, I load up on the sides that I can eat and just forgo the ham. If you have a big family like mine, you could bring an IC friendly veggie option (like veggie lasagna with the white sauce instead of the red). We have a few vegetarians in the family, so thats generally an options at our gatherings. When its offered, I eat that.

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Thanks for the reminder. I have not even thought about this yet. I do know the white choc. fudge pie I posted earlier this month. It was so bladder friendly

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I like the idea of cornish hens. It's something different and IC safe. I will take a beef roast to our family gathering so everyone will have a choice.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I have no trouble with baked turkey...

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    replied
    You should be able to get a organic, preservatic free turkey or ham from an organic foods store. It will probably be a little more expensive, but it may be worth it.

You could also just go without meat on Easter, and take a couple of IC friendly sides with you, and just eat those. (taking sides with you will also be very inconspicous)

Leave a comment:

• cprice25
    replied
    You can buy turkey pieces over where they sell chicken pieces. Or you can cook a whole chicken or Cornish game hens.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Dawn,
    To be honest I haven't really even thought about what we're doing for Easter dinner yet. I have my first hydro on Wednesday so I'm just trying to get through that. My family usually has ham for Christmas dinner though and we were given a ham by my hubby's uncle. I had ham for everybody else and made a turkey breast for myself. I didn't even look to see if it had any of that solution in it but if it did it didn't bother me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X